Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Major problems with viewing the board >

Major problems with viewing the board

Major problems with viewing the board

Old 10-02-2016, 01:53 PM

Default Major problems with viewing the board

I was on & off the board all day yesterday but around 4:00 p.m. yesterday all of a sudden the threads look different. There are no avatars & where the avatars once were is a little box with an "x" in it & to the right of that box is the statement "go to first new post". The same look at the "Last Post by" section. There's the little box with the "x" and it says "go to last post". Is something changing or is there something wrong with my computer? I've re-booted my computer several times. Also, when I go to the "Home" tab I can see the name of the threads (so I know what they are concerning) but when I go to the "What's New?" tab I can't see what the thread pertains to unless I click on it. After I've opened a thread & read it & gotten out of it, then the title of the thread shows up. But not until I've actually read the thread. Also, I can't even get in the chat room anymore.Patrice (administrator) is trying to help me with this but has not been able to so far.Here are a few questions for any computer experts out there:1. Out of desperation last night I cleared my cookies & cached data. Was this an o.k. thing to do or did I mess things up?2. Do you think if I did a "restore" on my computer to prior to the time I was having problems that it would get things back to where they were?3. Do you think if I re-joined the forum using a different user name that it might get me back to a good board? If I did re-join, could I still use my same e-mail address or would I have to create a different one?Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know VERY LITTLE about computers (only enough to be dangerous). Right after I did that clearing of cookies & cached data I freaked out thinking that was not the right thing to do. So I don't want to do a restore unless someone thinks it would be o.k.I have an Asus All In One PC Series computer8.00 GM MemoryIntel Processor64-bit Operating system, 64-based processorWindows 10I have 866 GbBfree of 917 GB on my C driveI use Internet Explorer for my browser & BING for my home pageThanks!

Last edited by osewme; 10-02-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:14 PM

Cleaning cookies and your cache is never a bad thing, no worries there. I might suggest that you try this:

Shut down all computers connected to the modem/router. Power down and unplug the modem and the router if you're using one. Plug in and turn on the modem and router, and allow them to completely boot up until the front panel connection lights on the modem show a steady connection

Old 10-02-2016, 05:02 PM

Thanks mzzzquilts! That is something that I have not tried. I'll do that when DH gets off his computer tonight.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Glad to hear that cleaning my cookies & cache was not a wrong thing to do.I tried powering down the modem & that did not work. Thanks for the suggestion. What about restoring the computer to day & time prior to Saturday? Does anyone think that would work?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Administrator

she solved the problem by switching to firefox.