Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 10-11-2016, 05:40 PM

I have a Brother SE425. It was a Christmas gift to myself. I've used it for a few occassions to embroider, but still learning in progress when I have time.

Monique
Old 10-11-2016, 06:13 PM

So for this XMes, may be you will get yourself a bunch of nice threads...??? Sorry, couldn,t resist to suggest....Good luck....the more you use those machines, the more you like them.....its magic
Old 10-12-2016, 02:56 AM

Ania it was an anniversary gift 30 yrs!! I do love it I had a Brother quilter/sewing machine for years and loved it. I got a great deal on this one at a AQS quilt show. My local dealer is hour and half away. Makes for a long day if I go there for a class. the dealer I bought it from is 2 hrs away. Will take me a while to learn all it can do. Thought I would play with it during the winter more than summer Goats on farm keep me pretty busy
Old 10-12-2016, 05:39 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by goatquilter View Post
Ania it was an anniversary gift 30 yrs!! I do love it I had a Brother quilter/sewing machine for years and loved it. I got a great deal on this one at a AQS quilt show. My local dealer is hour and half away. Makes for a long day if I go there for a class. the dealer I bought it from is 2 hrs away. Will take me a while to learn all it can do. Thought I would play with it during the winter more than summer Goats on farm keep me pretty busy
i have no dealer at all.....or three hours drive from the Janome dealer....Brother dealer is no closer and they don,t carry the expensive machines in here (I am on a cactus mountain in mexico...very isolated from other quilters)
....I had found my best friend quilter here in this site years ago...and she has been guiding me and teaching me a lot......she also sent me internet sites and links that were very helpful...and she does,t even own a Janome...she has an Eco Bernini among other machines....irs similar to my Janome350....
I had even learnt in here how to enlarge a quilt......and I am so glad I did it since I made it for my mom (I posted it then..and people loved it..with pink roses ) and she had passed away and my beds are higher.....Now its in use again.......I never though it is possible ( to actually enlarge a quilt after its done....)
my point is that this is the right place to be and to ask questions.....people in here are usually very friendly and willing to help.......I stop posting pics since I switched to Mac...
the machine you have is awesome....it used to be my dream....I am very glad you have it..since like me, being far away from the quilters civilization....a good machine is a must.... ENJOY for many years to come and don,t stop posting...............Give my regards to the goats......
Old 10-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Banned

Ania I'm glad you like your Janome. I have 3 Janomes and a Brother. I started with a Janome 200e, a few months later I got a great deal on a used 350e, then I received as a gift an older Brother PE200, then last year I bought the new Janome 500e. I really love all of them, if I had to choose just one it would be hard to do.

Cari
Old 10-12-2016, 11:00 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Ania I'm glad you like your Janome. I have 3 Janomes and a Brother. I started with a Janome 200e, a few months later I got a great deal on a used 350e, then I received as a gift an older Brother PE200, then last year I bought the new Janome 500e. I really love all of them, if I had to choose just one it would be hard to do.

Cari
Thank you for replying.....I have a question for you bout the Janome350e....The build in designs are not coming out too great...(loops and etc....) I know its not the machine since it works fine on Emblimbrery site ( they are really great ) and I did try to play with the tension and clean the machine and use new needle.....it happens only with the build it designs.... ,,,the dealers are not an option because of the distance....
i am really trying to figure out how to post a pic from the mac.....So I would be able to show you what I am working on.....its a quilted small bag and I decided to add the embroidery.....
another question is , did you ever try to split a design with this machine??? I am trying to figure that out....
You are lucky to have these three machines..!!!! the more toys, the better...LOL
Old 10-12-2016, 11:07 AM

When I bought my Viking sewing/embroidery machine it was truly an impulse buy. I bought it from a dealer, it was the floor model, so the price was very good. They did teach me to use the basic machine, how to down load the CD's onto my computer, then onto the thumb drive. But it wasn't until I bought the more advanced embroidery program for Viking/Husqvarna did I really start to enjoy my machine. A good friend of mine is fearless when it comes to sewing and crafting, so the two of us spent hours practicing and playing with the machine. We had so much fun - and frustration - she ended up buying her own machine ( a Brother PE770 so we could access Disney designs). My family said listening to us in the sewing room was hilarious. It's been a couple years and I still enjoy watching the it sew.
For all of you that are nervous about using the embroidery machines I wish i could come to your house and help. I am fairly good at reading the manuals now - but it can be so much fun just trying new things and when it is successful sharing in the fun. Mastering a machine can be so much fun.

I have found the importance of using the right stabilizer and the right fabric with the right design. I was trying to sew a design on a baby's onsie and it was driving me crazy, so after checking on the various websites, discovered the adhesive stabilizer which kept the fabric from stretching. A lot is trial and error - kind of like learning to do FMQ.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 10-12-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:30 AM

I just saw this thread, I have a Brother Dream Machine, it is still smarter than I am....
Old 10-12-2016, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by wildwoodflower12390 View Post
I just saw this thread, I have a Brother Dream Machine, it is still smarter than I am....
as smart as the machine can be....you are the one that press the button....
you are very lucky to have it....I can only dream about it....
can you post something that you have done on it..some pic ...?
or what is it that you like the most about this machine???
Old 10-12-2016, 07:32 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
When I bought my Viking sewing/embroidery machine it was truly an impulse buy. I bought it from a dealer, it was the floor model, so the price was very good. They did teach me to use the basic machine, how to down load the CD's onto my computer, then onto the thumb drive. But it wasn't until I bought the more advanced embroidery program for Viking/Husqvarna did I really start to enjoy my machine. A good friend of mine is fearless when it comes to sewing and crafting, so the two of us spent hours practicing and playing with the machine. We had so much fun - and frustration - she ended up buying her own machine ( a Brother PE770 so we could access Disney designs). My family said listening to us in the sewing room was hilarious. It's been a couple years and I still enjoy watching the it sew.
For all of you that are nervous about using the embroidery machines I wish i could come to your house and help. I am fairly good at reading the manuals now - but it can be so much fun just trying new things and when it is successful sharing in the fun. Mastering a machine can be so much fun.

I have found the importance of using the right stabilizer and the right fabric with the right design. I was trying to sew a design on a baby's onsie and it was driving me crazy, so after checking on the various websites, discovered the adhesive stabilizer which kept the fabric from stretching. A lot is trial and error - kind of like learning to do FMQ.
Hi quiltcandy
And I though that I am the only crazy fanatic when it comes to mastering machines.....LOL
I am so happy you posted .... you had encouraged me to continue searching.....
I wonder how to split the designs on my Janome350e and not sure if its even possible.....because of the hoops involved in this process....
I wonder if to get the Giga Mega hoop...some people states its a waste of money and other seems to be happy with it.....and so on and so on.....there is always something more we can learn....(I am also learning new stuff on my embrilliance .....I was so very intimidated at first.....now, I love it...and it can split designs easily....
When you master something it gives you so much more freedom.....
I also know the Hugsvania are great machines (no dealer around me at all)...and I did meet someone that had bough the Brother PE770 and kept it on a shelf for few years...till I almost forced her to start using it...... she is a seam master and first thing she did on it was her business labels..... LOL.......
......never give up...
Happy quilting and embroidery.......