cruise tips

Old 12-29-2016, 03:34 AM

My husband and I go on a cruise every year. We love it and find it the most inexpensive way to vacation since we book far in advance to get the best deals.
1. All of the cruise lines will add the tipping to the final bill now. This was explained that it is standard to do that in most European countries and also prevented those unfortunate type of individuals who chose not to tip. It really is less than if you tipped standard 20%. And those cabin stewards and waiters work so hard and are so every nice they really deserve every cent.
2. Where it really adds up is if you drink. Alcoholic beverages can cost you 10 dollars or more a drink. And since you pay with that "little card" you can rack up a bill if you are not paying attention. If you are heavy "partiers" you might consider one of those drink packages (but figure out if it really is worth it as they are not cheap) But there are also packages that cover unlimited soft drinks and/or water that might be worth it for you.
3. Every day you will get a listing of what will be occurring the next day. There are so many things to do that are free you will not have a hard time filling up the day. But make sure that you take some time to relax. Sitting by the pool enjoying the warm sun can't be beat!
4. As someone also said the excursions offered by the cruiseline are not cheap but they do offer the peace of mind of knowing that they are backed by the ship and that if somehow transportation breaks down the ship will wait for you before it sails. But go on the website of your cruiseline, read all the information about them and just pick things that you really want to do. After all, you can just wander around by yourselves and then get back on board the ship for some pooltime.
Have a wonderful time!
Old 12-29-2016, 01:27 PM

Enjoy your cruise. I've never been on one, but maybe will someday. The only thing I can add to this discussion is: make sure your have a current Passport. Don't laugh, a friend of mine went to Europe for a vacation (an expensive one at that), got as far as the UK and was sent back to US because she forgot to renew her Passport, which had expired). I still shake my head at that...not that I even have a Passport now, just one of the "cards" that allow me to go back and forth from US to Canada.

Again, have a great time! Can you fit me in one of your suitcases? I'll even iron your clothes for you....LOL