Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite quilt shops in Charleston SC >

Favorite quilt shops in Charleston SC

Favorite quilt shops in Charleston SC

Old 02-25-2017, 09:19 PM

Default Favorite quilt shops in Charleston SC

I'm curious if you've ever quilt shopped in the Charleston SC area and if so, which is your favorite quilt shop and why? Well that's assuming I guess that there are quilt shops in Charleston! Sad so many shops are closing.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 PM

I hope someone replies. I know there is a JoAnn's in Summerville and there is a privately owned one in the old part of Summerville that is really good. It's in a old house just of the main street, but I can't remember the name.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:24 PM

Thank you for responding Jean. I avoid Joanns, lol and unfortunately I will be on foot in the downtown historic district. I may just have to forgo quilt shops and just take in the scenery.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:22 AM

Here is a google search link to three in Charleston area. I have only been to the one in Mt. Pleasant. I don't know how the Five Eighth Seams shop is in relation to the historic district, but you can check the map and see. Even if you don't get to a quilt shop on your visit, Charleston is a lovely city with a lot of history and I hope you have a wonderful visit.

https://www.google.com/#q=quilt+shops+charleston+sc&*

Last edited by Murphy224; 02-28-2017 at 02:23 AM. Reason: forgot the link
Old 02-28-2017, 02:21 PM

Murphy224 thank you for responding! Yes I'm figuring quilt shops isn't going to happen but I am right down in the historic district and wow there will be lots to see! Hubby in meetings all day tomorrow so I am going to walk around this whole area.
Old 09-24-2023, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
I'm curious if you've ever quilt shopped in the Charleston SC area and if so, which is your favorite quilt shop and why? Well that's assuming I guess that there are quilt shops in Charleston! Sad so many shops are closing.
Two favorites actually. Angel Oak Stitchery in Harleyville, and People,Places,& Quilts in Summerville
Old 09-24-2023, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

It has been some years since I've been to Charleston and I don't remember seeing any quilt shops there. One main reason shops are closing in many areas is that no one wants to buy them from the owner who wants to retire. One very successful shop in my area can't find a buyer to keep the shop open.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
It has been some years since I've been to Charleston and I don't remember seeing any quilt shops there. One main reason shops are closing in many areas is that no one wants to buy them from the owner who wants to retire. One very successful shop in my area can't find a buyer to keep the shop open.
So true! I'm very lucky that one of my LQS recently found a buyer when the owner wanted to retire and so it lives on. Sadly, that doesn't happen often.