Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Seam Align and/or Fabric Folding Pen >

Seam Align and/or Fabric Folding Pen

Seam Align and/or Fabric Folding Pen

Old 06-10-2017, 04:22 AM

I am wondering if the seam align is one of those littler ruler that you put under the needle to show your quarter inch seam and then you put down tape on the machine to help you get a excite quarter inch. If so you should be able to borrow one from someone in class. Just my thinking.
kay
Old 06-10-2017, 04:30 AM

I just recently used the Teral Magic. It's GREAT stuff. I need to find a source for the gallon size. Have never heard of seam align.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:56 AM

I am thinking the seam align might be like The Angler 2 or the Sew Easy products. They are like clear plastic sheets with lines on them to guide you for a scant 1/4" seam or an angle. I don't know though what seam align is. Sorry not much help
Old 06-10-2017, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Seam Align looks like something that comes in a bottle - I'm thinking it's some sort of glue.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:18 AM

Have you spoken with the shop about the products? If they are showing up as out of stock they most likely have enough set aside for the class participants that will be available that day. That's how our workshops go.

Two weeks ago I took a class on precision piecing and we used a glue type product (not elmers, not Roxane's, something much lighter that was great for an adhesive as we didn't use pins!). Also we used a product that relaxed the fold to help it lay flatter after pressing. It really helped as every little bit in the process affect how precise your block is.

Our workshop was all weekend and I nearly, yes nearly, finished one 6 inch block. Future blocks of course won't take as long but we really went over every step and practised. I was very pleased with it and the products we used (all available on the day) and can't wait to incorporate it into my sewing habits.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:43 PM

oh Yukon, that's too funny One complete is better than none in my book.

Yes, Momma Made It is holding the class. It isn't until August, and yes they have plenty of product set aside for us.

I consider myself an advanced piecer, whatever that is, but every couple of weeks I have a 365 challenge quilt block that is so OFF. these are 3" or 6" blocks and some have 50 or 60 pieces, so if I can improve in that area I will be happy.

They have also been selected as one this year's top shops or whatever that annual magazine calls it. They just bought the shop a year ago and have been go go go every since. I've visited many of those shops and they all seem to have a lot of classes and a lot of staff, which I think you'd have to do to really make a successful business. I'm happy to have a lively shop 15 miles from me, even if I never buy fabric.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:55 PM

I've not heard of Terial Magic, so I just googled it. Holy cow, that stuff's expensive! $15 for a spray bottle. I think I'll live without it, and keep using my heavy spray starch.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by applique View Post
I love my Terial Magic and just reordered a gallon of it!
A gallon is also on my wish list. Love the stuff for embroidery.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I've not heard of Terial Magic, so I just googled it. Holy cow, that stuff's expensive! $15 for a spray bottle. I think I'll live without it, and keep using my heavy spray starch.
I don't use if for spray starch, but as a stabilizer for embroidery. Stiffens the fabric so no puckering, and no gunk on the needle. Glides the needle through on my Babylock like butter.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:31 AM

I googled it and it was the 3rd or 4th link down....
http://www.mommamadeitquiltshop.com/...-x17510204.htm

I don't have any luck with Roxanne's baste so might have to try this one.

but see it's unavailable.

hope this helps.