Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins. >

Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins.

Fall Block Swap/So a new adventure begins.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:30 AM

GracefulAnn, she is adorable!!!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:01 AM

She's so cute, GracefulAnn

I'm making a few more blocks myself. I'm going to try the medallion setting for my quilt. I hope it works.

It'll probably be a wee while before I can post my finished quilt top, as it is looking like we might be moving here within next month. We have been wanting a larger house to rent (with the new Baby on the way) and the house across the street looks like it will be available soon. The elderly couple who live there are going into the local assisted living housing this week. I hope it all works out, but I'm nervous about moving so close to my due date. Luckily we live in one of those classic small country towns, (think MayBerry) so I'm sure the neighbor ladies will lend me a helping hand if I need.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

How nice your quilt is coming out judith! Very cool setting.
Gracefulann, your block is adorable!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
She's so cute, GracefulAnn

I'm making a few more blocks myself. I'm going to try the medallion setting for my quilt. I hope it works.

It'll probably be a wee while before I can post my finished quilt top, as it is looking like we might be moving here within next month. We have been wanting a larger house to rent (with the new Baby on the way) and the house across the street looks like it will be available soon. The elderly couple who live there are going into the local assisted living housing this week. I hope it all works out, but I'm nervous about moving so close to my due date. Luckily we live in one of those classic small country towns, (think MayBerry) so I'm sure the neighbor ladies will lend me a helping hand if I need.

NZquilter, If you need a certain size block, I could whip up a few extras for you. Just let me know the size. I have a bit of Fall fabric left. (If you want.)

I've got some extra time right now. I've gone back to making summer blocks for a summer block quilt that I want to en-large from a few years ago. Not this past season. That top is finished.

Last edited by Judith1005; 07-25-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:22 AM

Oh, and if you are moving, please, please be careful. I hope all your neighbors and friends will band together and help you out. That is definitely the perk to living in a small town.

I know exactly how much work it is to move. That's what my husband and son do for a living. (So, my thoughts are with you.)
Old 07-25-2017, 07:28 AM

Judith, I love what you've done with your fall quilt! Yea, you're almost finished.

Graceful Ann. I adore your fall Sue. I've been making an international Sue quilt & swapping with some friends on another group. It's been really fun. So I love your Sue.

NZquilter good luck with the move & your cute new baby. I hope all goes well!
Old 07-25-2017, 07:40 AM

Thank you ladies for your kind comments. NZquilter don't lift anything heavier than a bottle of water. Someone needs to supervise!! lol
Old 07-25-2017, 02:25 PM

GracefulAnn your Sue will be a lovely addition to your quilt.

NZQuilter I agree that supervising is the job for you at the moment and I am sure your neighbours will gather around to help with your move - just across the road, how great is that.

Judith I'm keeping an eye on that postman but he hasn't delivered that squishy yet.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:54 PM

Oh don't worry, I'll be supervising from the armchair

Judith, thanks for the offer to make up a couple of blocks, but I'm actually enjoying making more. My first quilt was a sampler and I haven't made one since, so I'm taking this opportunity to make some block patterns that have been on my bucket list for years, and playing with fabric combos I probably wouldn't do for a whole quilt. I'm finding it nicely relaxing. And I'm practicing my accuracy and piecing skills so maybe I can join in the next huge BOOM swap here on the QB.

Deecee, SO hope your blocks arrive soon!

Last edited by NZquilter; 07-25-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:56 PM

quote: Deecee, SO hope your blocks arrive soon! :unquote

And they did!!!!!! Postie delivered them this afternoon - Yay!!

What a wonderful selection of blocks from a terrific group of ladies. I will need to lay them out on the floor to take a pic but the grands are about to arrive for me to babysit so I will have to do it later.

Thanks again to Judith and a wonderful group of swappers.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-26-2017 at 04:47 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS