Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wasn't a smart move on my part. >

Wasn't a smart move on my part.

Wasn't a smart move on my part.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:22 AM

One day when I was cleaning, I grabbed the yellow furniture polish can and dusted everything in the living room, including the piano. THEN I realized I had picked up the Lysol can instead of the furniture polish. I was very relieved that the finish of all the wooden surfaces was not damaged!
Old 08-15-2017, 03:56 AM

This is an amusing thread! And I thought I was the only one to goof up!!! We are all human....and funny!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:12 AM

Almost did the same thing with the Fray Check as my bottle of oil was almost the exact same size!!!! but I happened to notice it just as I was about to put a drop on the machine. I was shaking for a bit after that!! LOL!!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

so glad it turned out OK. thanks for the caution
Old 08-15-2017, 04:51 AM

Many, many naps ago, when I was in my twenties, and thought I knew it all. I thought I would help out my hubby by "servicing" my own car. How hard could it be? Unfortunately, I put water where there oil should have gone and oil in the radiator! Having 3 boys under 5 years old running around like little wild animals at the time didn't help one bit at all either. Anywho, thank goodess, I rethought that whole operation and called my Daddy and confided my misadventure to him. He told me, "Under no circumstances, to start that durn car up!" "I'll be right over! He fixed the problem. And never breathed a word. TO ANYONE, EVER. God bless his soul. No wonder little girls love their Daddies soon much. How dumb can ya get?

Last edited by marshaKay; 08-15-2017 at 04:54 AM. Reason: fix grammer
Old 08-15-2017, 05:15 AM

Wild! I don't touch anything about my car! I have a wonderful mechanic who keeps our 20-year old Toyota happy.(my husband and I joke that the car is going to outlast us.)
Old 08-15-2017, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
Many, many naps ago, when I was in my twenties, and thought I knew it all. I thought I would help out my hubby by "servicing" my own car. How hard could it be? Unfortunately, I put water where there oil should have gone and oil in the radiator! Having 3 boys under 5 years old running around like little wild animals at the time didn't help one bit at all either. Anywho, thank goodess, I rethought that whole operation and called my Daddy and confided my misadventure to him. He told me, "Under no circumstances, to start that durn car up!" "I'll be right over! He fixed the problem. And never breathed a word. TO ANYONE, EVER. God bless his soul. No wonder little girls love their Daddies soon much. How dumb can ya get?
You do have a good excuse with three small kids running around!
Old 08-15-2017, 06:59 AM

That reminds me of one of my biggest fears. Visine makes eye drops and ear drops. I'm terrified that one day I'm going to mix them up.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:42 AM

Was on vacation and getting ready to catch a plane and head home. At the very last minute I decided I just had to wash my hair ( why? Who knows!!!) Instead of grabbing my hair spray I grabbed a can of spray starch and generously coated my hair and that was how I had to fly home.....just out of time!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marshaKay View Post
Dads can be wonderful sometimes.