Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Making a move to Wichita, KS area, please help!!!! >

Making a move to Wichita, KS area, please help!!!!

Making a move to Wichita, KS area, please help!!!!

Old 08-20-2017, 09:46 AM

We were just traveling through Kansas and thought the area very lovely, whole family thought we could live there!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:55 AM

Don't have a clue on good quilt or crafty stores but just wanted to wish you well on your move. I really understand why you are moving. Our daughter was going thru a bad marriage with 3 young girls so my DH and myself quit our jobs and moved to the town she lived in. It was hard but that is what family is for. She is divorced now and looks a lot healthier and the girls are doing great. I am sure the QB members will come thru for you-they always do for me. Best of luck on your move.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:26 PM

I have lived in Kansas my whole life and think it is a beautiful state. Many people believe it is just flat prairie, but actually the eastern half, including Wichita, can be quite hilly. The nearby Flint Hills are well known for their beauty. Wichita will have opportunities to do whatever you enjoy doing. With a good mindset, it will be a great move and you will get to be near your son. I live in a rural area, so seldom visit quilt shops, but there are plenty around. I often order online. Missouri Star is my go to site. There is also a website where you can find all the local craft shows. Just google "Wichita craft shows". I think you will enjoy your move. Have fun.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:51 AM

quilingcandy, I was in burlington yesterday and took a few snaps for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610083[/ATTACH] quilt shop hiding on the right foreground.. It is for sale.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610085[/ATTACH]

Quiet on a Sunday afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Burlington mian street (2).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	610083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burlingotn body shop.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	610084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Burlington caboose and theatre.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	610085  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 AM

Thank you so much!!!! Those are wonderful. That is a wonderful little quilt shop was for sale when I was there 2 years ago. :-)
Old 03-15-2019, 02:26 AM

One thing, there are different beauties in every area of this country. The wheat fields in Kansas and Western Oklahoma are gorgeous -- remember "Amber Waves of Grain". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If your family is there, that's the place you probably want to be. I was born and raised in Northwest Arkansas, spent a few years in Northeast Oklahoma and 6 years in Wichita where I met my husband who died in 2004. I loved the history of the area, but there's not any area in our entire country that doesn't have a strong history. There are lots of wonderful schools and churches. The winters can be hard, but I would guess that the winters in upstate New York are also pretty hard.

Good luck to you.