Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • New Quilting Bee, September, 2017 >
  • New Quilting Bee, September, 2017

• New Quilting Bee, September, 2017

Old 09-06-2017, 05:21 PM

Lovely blocks, everyone!

I need to get my sewing room cleaned up after rearranging some things before I start these fun looking blocks.

Connie
    Old 09-06-2017, 05:55 PM

I will be absent a bit, I think. We are in the path of Irma if it makes land fall in Savannah, Ga. Stay safe all! For those of you also near the area that could be hit, good luck to you and your families. Stay safe and be here another day to sew
    Old 09-06-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sauki1
    I will be absent a bit, I think. We are in the path of Irma if it makes land fall in Savannah, Ga. Stay safe all! For those of you also near the area that could be hit, good luck to you and your families. Stay safe and be here another day to sew

Please be safe and get out if you need to to avoid this storm. Remember, things can be replaced, people not so much. I'm in NC, so I'm keeping a nervous eye on this one too.
    Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 PM

Thank you Libster. I'll keep you in my thoughts as well, stay safe.

Originally Posted by Libster
    Please be safe and get out if you need to to avoid this storm. Remember, things can be replaced, people not so much. I'm in NC, so I'm keeping a nervous eye on this one too.
    Old 09-07-2017, 06:17 AM

The heat has finally broken here. And 1 close wildfire is getting under containment. Fire season continues until we have a good rain and/or the temp drops a lot.

Now is the peak of hurricane season. Our prayers go that direction.
    Old 09-07-2017, 04:40 PM

Oh goodness, Harvey and now Irma everyone stays safe that in its path, I think the US needs a break for sure. I had to put my old dog down yesterday he was 96 dog years so he had a good life. He will be missed ....still need to work on my blocks just can't get in the mood. Again ya'll that are in the path of the storm prayers for you all.
    Old 09-07-2017, 05:52 PM

Praying for safety for everyone in the hurricane areas.

Lv2sew2011: It's so hard to say goodbye to our furry friends no matter how old.

Connie
    Old 09-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Lv sorry for your pet, it's hard to lose them for sure. They become so much a part of your family but you are right about a long life and I'm sure you made it wonderful! Just waiting to see what the hurricane center says on Saturday, for those of us that have homes and or families in Florida, we think that may be the day when we really know where we stand or decide what we do. Homes, cars...possessions can be replaced but not friends and family.
    Old 09-08-2017, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan
    Here is another quilt that features Goshen Star. I just put the binding on it. I had a panel with six Kaleidoscope blocks. I pieced/added 3 blue and 3 red GS blocks for this quilt. I'm trying to tame my stack of UFO's. Have a few other quilts to finish before I make my September blocks. Happy Labor Day Weekend everybody.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]579976[/ATTACH]
    There are some blocks in there that look really complicated, but I love them, would love to know the name of them. The bottom row, first and third. This is a very striking quilt with that black background as others have said. I was just looking at it again, 4th one in the middle row too. What an amazing job you have done with this.
    Old 09-08-2017, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Oh goodness, Harvey and now Irma everyone stays safe that in its path, I think the US needs a break for sure. I had to put my old dog down yesterday he was 96 dog years so he had a good life. He will be missed ....still need to work on my blocks just can't get in the mood. Again ya'll that are in the path of the storm prayers for you all.
    I am so sorry about your dog, but what a wonderful life he had with you to have lived so long. Animal lover here and it hurts when you lose one or see one being abused. I cry at rescues, I couldn't work in an animals shelter for sure as much as I would like to. I too echo all the prayers and thoughts and best wishes to all those in the storms paths this year. We seem to be getting it bad everywhere. From what I hear lately, it will be our turn up north as they are predicting major snow. I don't think it is as devastating as what all the hurricane damage does. A little elbow grease like shoveling and cleaning off roofs and not going out when you don't need it takes care of snow, but water and wind I can't begin to imagine.