Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN" >

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

Old 02-10-2010, 02:14 PM

That center is really trying to get away from all of us. HOpefully, when I get it back and quilted, it will stay on the bed!

Losing BRT center in my house was scarry. I have 2 grandsons who get into my fabric and play around when I'm doing my school work. Plus, it was during that after Christmas, put stuff away period. I was really worried someone had thrown it away without thinking. Last night several of my adult children came over and took each room, turning them over again and again. When I sat down and saw that envelope right there in the bin, I just cried. I have to make lots of cheesecake for valentine's day as pay off for helping me last night, but I don't care. Having our huge, 7 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2 car garage, kitchen and dining room, and my living room clean and organized is wonderful. It hasn't been this nice for years! We got rid of so much stuff, garbage and found lost stuff - including my jewelry box. This weekend we are going to paint! All the kids are coming over again and each couple taking a room or two and we are going to get it done! I'm going to watch grandchildren at my daughter's house so they won't be in the way. Whoo, who! Finally...
Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Originally Posted by KGoodhand
Gywn - Elle's center arrived today!!
The bead work is even more amazing in person! I have to let it talk to me for a few days before I even try to think of what I am going to add! Hard to follow greatness!!
Thank you for the complement.

Today I found the inspiration for the undersea quilt. HOpe it works out and everyone likes it.
I just have to ask. What is your inspiration? I am making an undersea quilt also. Got my idea from one I saw in the Dallas quilt show and some online. I have the background together. it is diamonds. I am now doing the applique, seaweed, shells, fish, dolphin, turtles, mermaid, seahorse, treasure trunk, jellyfish, octupus, etc. Would love to see your inspiration
Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Gwyn...Sorry, but I am sitting here just laughing away! I have done that exact same thing..with several different things!!! DH gets sooo upset when I do it, but I don't actually lose things...they just get misplaced and good golly....it is HORRIBLE...oh...the worry, the angst...but girl....you got a clean house! Mine usually ends up looking like a bomb exploded :roll: :lol: :lol: But...I'm really glad you found it :-D
Old 02-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Just awesome
Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 AM

Our house already looked like the bomb had gone off. The most expedient way to find anything was to go one piece at a time. If I have to go to that much work, I might as well have sorted into keep, trash or give away piles. The kids were so excited to see the house getting cleaned up, they all pitched in. Painting was my pay back for all the hard work. I didn't laugh until it was over. Never again will I procrastinate on someone elses work. I've learned my lesson!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 AM

I would have nothing short of a massive coronary if I thought I lost someone's center. Sooooo glad you found it, Gwyn, and I'm truly jealous of the cleaning you had done.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:53 AM

I jsut wanted to let you know Pam that I will be just a little late mailing out this round. The whole house was sick and I thought I had missed it but surprisingly mommy got it too! It just knocks you off your feet! I am on the mend and hopefully will be able to get more sewing done this weekend. Thanks for being understanding.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Ladies, please be sure you let me know when you mail out and recieve. And after all the borders for this round have been posted, I will start a picture thread and add it to the virtual section.

The center that Elle has will be a little late being mailed due to health related issues. We will get it back on track as soon as we can. Please keep her and Colin in your prayers and thoughts.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Kendra, it's ok about the delay. Which center is it? (I could probably figure it out from the group mailing list). Of course it depends on what you do with it but I can start thinking of some designs and fabric choices.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:12 PM

I went to my building mail room and it's closed... President's Day. I looked up US post offices and they're closed today too.

It will have to wait until tomorrow.