Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Should i be flattered? >

Should i be flattered?

Should i be flattered?

Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 PM

I could not find a picture, maybe she took it down.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:55 AM

Peckish---- why are you "not allowed to watermark"......?

the tumbling block quilt is cool! And yes it's still on that site in the thumbnail portion along with a few other products...no credit given...I think it should be replaced with the "product" this blogger is attempting to "sell"...

advertising/selling product...is that how bloggers are "paid" or allowed to be on the net? I don't quite get the concept....
Old 11-09-2017, 05:03 AM

Some blogs are just personal journals - no cost to anyone but time. Some bloggers with personal journals have advertisements that make money like Bonnie Hunter. And some websites selling things have blogs, like the site we have been discussing. Not all of websites with blogs are a bad thing - local quilt shop websites with blogs will talk about what they saw at Quilt Market etc.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:05 AM

Since you didn’t use her product (ruler) to make your quilt, she is using false advertising. IMHO. I am sorry this happened to you. I will make sure I don’t buy any products from that company.
Why can’t photos be watermarked on this site? Does anyone know? Not complaining, just asking. Not that I know how to watermark photos, but just curious.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
... I'm not allowed to watermark them, and this site doesn't prevent downloads.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Peckish---- why are you "not allowed to watermark"......?....
Members are permitted to watermark their photos.... just not with their business/commercial/website words as that is considered advertising. Many members with a business simply use their own name or their initials.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:16 AM

When I clicked the link all I got was the ruler sales page; NO picture. Maybe it was removed?? Or just didn't work for me. But it's a gorgeous quilt. Funny how people don't like us using their items; patterns, etc without permission but it's ok in reverse? Think not!
Old 11-09-2017, 05:27 AM

The blogger isn’t even selling the ruler but just has a link to Amazon. This is strange, because the FTC requires that whenever such a link is on a website, the link must be accompanied by a prominently placed disclosure. At this time there is no such disclosure on this site.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

I saw it before they took it down. I would not have been flattered, only because they were sneaky about it. It's a lovely quilt and I'm sorry this happened to you.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cotton Mama View Post
The blogger isn’t even selling the ruler but just has a link to Amazon. This is strange, because the FTC requires that whenever such a link is on a website, the link must be accompanied by a prominently placed disclosure. At this time there is no such disclosure on this site.
I haven't seen such disclosure on blogs or any site that links to Amazon or other selling site. If the disclosure is there it is not prominently placed.

Really everyone should know if you post a picture online it can be copied. There are apps that will screen capture and apps to edit screen captures. If someone wants to copy and use, they have a way.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
I was searching the net for 60 degree diamond quilts and came upon this website: www.quiltersreview.com/ez-quilting-easy-six/

Well, lo and behold ... that is My quilt!!!!

Anyone accomplishing anything with the 60 degree diamond template should be flattered.