Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Threads driving me crazy >

Threads driving me crazy

Threads driving me crazy

Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 AM

I have a giant coffee cup that started life as a flower vase, featuring “Maxine” that sits to the right of my machine for clippings and threads. Works for me unless I am working with white thread in a black shirt. Nothing is ever perfect in my world, and I am OK with that.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
When people ask me what my clothing style is, I answer "dog hair and thread". LOL
Good one! I have four cats, one dog, and no door on the sewing room. I have given up trying to look neat.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:35 PM

I am cracking up at this thread. I just finished a baby quilt and by the time I got to the binding the threads were driving me so crazy I was throwing them over my shoulder a la Eleanor Burns. Usually
I go out in the afternoon after sewing for a few hours, and guaranteed I always have "strings attached"! Could have worse problems!😸
Old 01-10-2018, 01:04 PM

The gray minkee I used for my daughters Christmas pillows was like trying to sew in a blizzard, a grey fuzzy blizzard. It was all over me. People at Safeway commented about the gray fluff in the back of my hair. I still have fuzz in my burgundy carpet.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:24 PM

Someone referred to the threads as "quilter's bling" sorry can't remember who.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by themadpatter View Post
LOL! You're going to have to explain this to me, because I am a seriously scandalous person when it comes to being presentable. During gardening season, if I'm working in the garden and need something from home depot, I just jump on my bike and go get it. Mud and all. I think it helps that I am short and buxom, so most of the dirt I accumulate is under the equator (my bustline) and therefore invisible to me, lol. I'm sure its the same with thread.
madpatter, you crack me up.

My friends know if I show up with threads hanging off me, they can count on me being in a great mood. They don't care about anything else.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
This brush will take thread and pet hair off anything. I was skeptical but it works.
http://shop.flylady.net/p/(RUB-BOGO) Now it's buy one get one free.
I have one very similar to that, works great, especially for dog hair! I think I got it at Walmart.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:43 PM

So what are a few threads.....I have been known to go to church with threads attached....Oh well it shows that I am working....
Old 01-10-2018, 07:19 PM

Lint roller usually works for me...plus a thread catcher sits near. I vacuum my sewing room after each top is completed (plus a couple times a week) to keep the threads from attaching while sandwiching. Most of my thread problem is not the beginning/end threads we snip away but the unraveling of fabric thread underneath top. If I am handling top a lot, this can get knarly... I clip the back a lot while sewing.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:55 PM

I wear a bib apron. I like wearing comfy leggings when i sew, hence the reason for the apron. I also leave a scatter rug just outside my quiltroom door. Both are great thread collectors.