Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 19-21, 2018

Old 01-20-2018, 05:11 PM

Beautiful pictures of all your creativity and production. You guys are so talented. I finished all the blocks for quilt top. Tomorrow is assembling top and figuring out what kind of borders I'm gonna do... I have quite a few strips left from jelly roll so I may do a a couple of mini borders than a piano key... I really like how this is looking... If you notice something out of whack or suggestions on borders, please share. The pattern borders (all solid colors) look nice but I don't have enough of any color to do that and I wanted to use leftover jelly roll. I probably have enough of a couple colors to a mini border...I have plenty of the background fabric on the appliqué to do another border...maybe a 2". I'll play more when it's assembled. I'm sewing this bad boy up tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	587428  
Old 01-20-2018, 05:12 PM

wow!! such great projects you are all working on. I have a nephew getting married this summer and I am making a double wedding ring quilt for the couple. I have made one before, but I must have forgot about how much work this is sewing sewing sewing... hours and hours and not much to show yet. I am expecting it all to come together soon I put 2 blocks together to be sure that I could

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587430[/ATTACH]

Name:	100_6073 - Copy.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	587430  
Old 01-20-2018, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I've been admiring the photos, everyone. Such great projects and we still have a whole day left to sew this weekend.

I have been QAYG quilting my 12.5" blocks from the last two Boom swaps. I need to get those made into some quilts before I get the fabric for the next swap... which will be soon. It sure is fun quilting each block by itself, all different ways.

I've never tried QAYG. I'll look forward to seeing yours.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Spending this evening packing for Monday's retreat. Then, we'll see what I left out, and work on that tomorrow
Well, that didn't last long. Pulled together all the projects I want to take to retreat (and doing my usual "what if I run out of stuff to do" panic). Then I started cleaning up and found one of my UFOs, which has (apparently) been sitting on the end of my cutting table waiting to be finished since 2016. Started putting it up on the wall, realized I had no idea what I was heading for, and tried again. 2 hours later, all the pieces are laid out - one more row of blocks and 2 "border" sides to do. Just need to cut the black and start sewing - tomorrow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587434[/ATTACH]

Name:	P1201270.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	587434  
Old 01-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

Winding Ways! Oh my....
Old 01-21-2018, 02:44 AM
Power Poster

Teen, i love the patriotic quilt
Quilting Vagabond, great colors
DHenson, such nice donation quilts
Everyone is doing such good work on their projects!
Old 01-21-2018, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Well, that didn't last long. Pulled together all the projects I want to take to retreat (and doing my usual "what if I run out of stuff to do" panic). Then I started cleaning up and found one of my UFOs, which has (apparently) been sitting on the end of my cutting table waiting to be finished since 2016. Started putting it up on the wall, realized I had no idea what I was heading for, and tried again. 2 hours later, all the pieces are laid out - one more row of blocks and 2 "border" sides to do. Just need to cut the black and start sewing - tomorrow.
LOL- sounds like a typical day in my studio! The layout looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see what you do with this one.

Rob
Old 01-21-2018, 07:45 AM

Kirsta - love that pattern, I'd love to do one some day.

I've spent the morning doing more flying geese paper peicing for teh CMIYC. I'm headed out to the LA now to get more FM feathers done. I bought another quilting class on Craftsy, but don't want to watch it until I get this quilt finished. I've got a rhythm going and don't want to get new ideas that might mess me up lol! Going to take my camera out there so I can get some pictures.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:02 AM

Krista, I love your Winding Ways. I am drawn to solids and limited colors for WW quilts and yours is both. The downside? Now you've got me pulling out fabric to make one and I have too many other projects I should be working on. In addition, I noticed your blog link, clicked on it and now have one more thing to follow. I love it and will be visiting regularly. I need to get off the computer before my plans for the day are totally disrupted!
Old 01-21-2018, 09:51 AM

I have long admired the "Dogs in Sweaters" pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. Bought it on Friday and completed my first dog yesterday. The sewing is easy....once you do all the cutting. One inch pieces....oh my.
Going to make this into a wall hanging for my sewing room. [ATTACH=CONFIG]587449[/ATTACH]

Name:	20180120_154215.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	587449