Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Retreat items >

Retreat items

Retreat items

Old 04-03-2018, 05:40 AM

OMG... you will be the star of the retreat. Those are all amazing. We also bring a small folding table to make our space L shaped. Bought mine at Target and ordered a bigger one from Costco. If you have any scraps, make some small velcro wraps for your cords.
I am so jealous.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:19 AM

Wow! You have some amazing stuff there!.... Great job, very impressive.... I too am taken with the saddle bag. What a great idea.... Enjoy your retreat and your new items!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

You are amazing. I would be worn out after all that!
Old 04-03-2018, 07:23 AM

That is awesome!! Great job!!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:26 AM
mac

Truly amazing. You are so organized. You did a wonderful job on everything and what is more amazing is that you didn't even have any patterns for most of the projects. I envy your capabilities.

I have been to many retreats and I have never been that organized. I usually just throw everything in a couple of medium sized plastic totes (easier to carry and not too heavy). Fabric in one, tools in another, etc.

If I am too organized, I either can't remember where I put it or I find it diminishes my creativity. But then I am a messy thinker and when I was a secretary my desk was the messiest one around. One day my boss made me put everything on my desk away, only to leave the phone, the desk lamp and message pad and the only one file or project that I was working on at a time. After a few weeks of this miserable organization, my boss realized that my productivity had been cut down by half. She gave up and let me get back to the way that I was the most productive. Some people, like me, just embrace disorganization. LOL

I hope you have lots of fun on your retreat. Oh, and don't forget to bring earplugs, just in case you are sleeping with others in the same room.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:49 AM

Very nice! Love it that you used the same fabric! Love the saddle bag seat! Great ideas!
Old 04-03-2018, 11:35 AM

I should be so organized.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Just thought of something else you may want to add to your ensemble .... pillow(s)

Why? you may ask ....

All too often when I have gone elsewhere to sew, the ergonomics of the tables and chairs are not anywhere near friendly when sewing for any length of time. So much so that I want a booster seat to get me closer to the right height!!!

Sometimes I have managed to stack two chairs together, but that is not always do-able.
Now, I take a cushion or two with me, and leave in the car, so I can grab if need be.

Most importantly ... Have FUN!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:17 PM

I bet you will be the hit of the retreat when everyone sees what you have. They are fantastic!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
OMGoodness!, Seriously? These are all amazing. You are crazy, girl! This is all so fantastic. Absolutely love the chair saddlebag. Ingenious. You need to copyright that thing. I am blown away By your creativity and talent. You'll be spending your whole retreat showing all everyone your stuff because they will not be able to help themselves by asking you about them.
Exactly what I was thinking. Other quilters will be sew jealous!