Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Down on the Farm Block Swap >

Down on the Farm Block Swap

Down on the Farm Block Swap

Old 04-14-2018, 08:23 AM

Hey ladies, (Are there any gents doing the swap?) How are you all doing. Sign ups end tomorrow. I think this is going to be a really fun swap.

I am scheduled to work on blocks for this swap on Monday. I have so many pans on the fire right now. But, I really can't wait to get started. I have my first two sets planned out still thinking about my 3rd set. I found a great pattern for this funny chicken on Pinterest. So, may make that my 3rd set. Nobody's mentioned chickens yet. A rooster must have a chicken lady friend. I'm still looking for a cow I like. Anna's right, a farm must have lots of cows.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:41 AM

I've been lurking this last week.
I am in, I'm afraid I'll regret it the moment you close if I don't join
Old 04-15-2018, 03:53 PM

Good evening everyone~ I hope y'all are relaxing on this rainy Sunday. I picked up two quilts this afternoon from the long-arm quilter so as soon as I attach the binding, I'll post a pic or two.

I'm so glad to see so many people joining in this swap. I will post a list of participants soon.

Judith1005 I am okay with farm related prints, ie chicken wire for a backing but not fussy cuts. I think a good quality flannel will be okay because if we are making these and children receive one, the texture will be something they will enjoy.

Bunnies are completely okay with me! We had bunnies on our farm even if they weren't invited guests! I hope someone is doing a duck. My husband told me my horse looks more like a donkey and my daughter agrees. Oh well, donkey's they will be!

I will post really soon. I hope y'all like my funky chickens!
Old 04-15-2018, 04:06 PM

I did some designing and cutting last night. Tonight I will test out my donkey design and see if it will work! Hopefully I'll be able to post some more photos soon

Can't wait to find out how many are signed up.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:13 PM

Default Gotta tweak my chickens

My funky chickens need help! I haven't stitched them down yet so I can make changes.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:47 PM

My phone wouldn't let me post the picture of my chicken so I had to do it old school

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593007[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0415182305.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	678.5 KB
ID:	593007  
Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 PM

So cute! It reminds me of a stuffed chicken my aunt made for me when I was a kid. She made a little bag shaped like a barn, filled with small stuffed animals. They were all made with calico fabrics
Old 04-15-2018, 11:20 PM

My design worked! I will make the other donkeys more colorful, but this was "spare" fabric, so I wasn't too worried if I made a lot of mistakes (I only had to frog stitch a few times...)

I probably won't be able to sew anymore blocks tonight, but at least I can cut the rest of my fabric!

It's missing the tail. I need to learn how to embroider so I can add it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]593010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	donkey block - Edited.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	593010  
Old 04-16-2018, 03:37 AM

Anna, I think your Chicken looks great. Once the eyes are on I think it will all come together.

Sleepy Hollow, I like your donkey. The long ears make it really look like a donkey. Horses have much smaller ears. It looks really great.

I am just finishing off a quilt right now. One more border to go then I will get started on these blocks.

I will only be able to prep and fuse them down for now. My sewing machine died yesterday. I have no idea what is wrong with it. No lights, no sound no power. So, will call around today and see if I can get it looked at. I have been looking for a new machine for awhile and haven't found anything in my budget. So, fingers crossed, this can be fixed.

In the meantime, I am using Grandma's vintage singer. So far, she is doing well. She can only sew a straight stitch so I'm limited as to what I can sew. But, at least I can sew something while I look into fixing my regular machine.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:42 AM

Bummer Judith - a dead machine is not fun! And they are almost as expensive to repair as to get a new one if it is a computer issue!

Graceful Ann - did you get you a new machine? I know you were looking for one. Your chicken is great!

Sleepy Hollow - you are turning into a paper piecing machine! And doing a great job at it. While I am still not able to sew much of anything yet, I can do it through all of you and enjoy what everyone is doing.

Where is Spring? When we "sprung" forward - the clock must not have said how far forward?? At least ours was rain and not the incredible snow that I saw in pics and on TV. Wow a weird April.