Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting cruises >
  • Quilting cruises

• Quilting cruises

Old 06-18-2018, 06:01 AM

Default quilting cruise

I went on a quilting cruise with a friend. to the Caribbean on Harmony of the Sea from Royal Caribbean. the ship and staff were wonderful. the quilting teachers were wonderful would do another quilting cruise but not with the travel company(Stitchn heaven) we went with. they were not friendly to new people that had not traveled with them before did not provide all info before sailing that we needed and found out afterwards that they are more expensive and include less than other travel companies. It was our first quilting cruise and we picked it due to Carol Doak being a teacher and her last cruise before retiring..
    Old 06-18-2018, 06:35 AM

My bestie and I did a girls' trip with World of Quilts Travel and it was great! Deb, the woman who runs WOQ, was very easy to work with and there was not a single hitch. Our cruise was all male teachers ("Guys and Glaciers"), Rob Appell, John Flynn, Joe Cunningham, and Luke Haynes, and I would do it again anytime.
    Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 AM

I have gone on two quilting cruises w/Stitching Heaven, out of Mineola, TX. They were very well planned and wonderful experiences. Those folks know what they are doing. I was surprised to see someone else stating that they didn't receive all of the information they needed - as I feel we were informed about everything ahead of time. I would not hesitate in booking another cruise through them and as a matter of fact am thinking of sailing to Alaska with them in the summer of 2019. I have never done any other cruises and so I cannot comment on the prices - no idea if you can find cheaper deals or not. I do know that people on my last cruise were complaining about other cruises they had done with someone other than Stitching Heaven and they were saying Stitching Heaven was the best. I personally LOVED the cruises through them. There were 3 teachers - teaching 3 different quilts. Some people did all three and some people opted to only do one or two. You have classes on days when the ship is out to sea and on "port" days there are no classes; however you can go and sew 24/7 if you so desire. This is my 2 cents' worth - hope it helps.
    Old 06-18-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rosasta0
    I have gone on two quilting cruises w/Stitching Heaven, out of Mineola, TX. They were very well planned and wonderful experiences. Those folks know what they are doing. I was surprised to see someone else stating that they didn't receive all of the information they needed - as I feel we were informed about everything ahead of time. I would not hesitate in booking another cruise through them and as a matter of fact am thinking of sailing to Alaska with them in the summer of 2019. I have never done any other cruises and so I cannot comment on the prices - no idea if you can find cheaper deals or not. I do know that people on my last cruise were complaining about other cruises they had done with someone other than Stitching Heaven and they were saying Stitching Heaven was the best. I personally LOVED the cruises through them. There were 3 teachers - teaching 3 different quilts. Some people did all three and some people opted to only do one or two. You have classes on days when the ship is out to sea and on "port" days there are no classes; however you can go and sew 24/7 if you so desire. This is my 2 cents' worth - hope it helps.
    summer of 2019 is when we are hoping to go. I’ve been looking at the cruise to Alaska through stitching heaven, who know, maybe we’ll be cruisemates! Our biggest concern with them at this point is price. Once all the extra charges are added in they are the most expensive we’ve found. (So far )