Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Frozen Roast >

Frozen Roast

Frozen Roast

Old 07-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

Add me to the list of putting frozen meat in the crock pot with no issues and have been doing it for decades. I also cook my stuffing in the turkey and not seperate despite all the warnings of food borne illness. Hope I haven't gone and jynxed myself now.

I have heard of another way to cook roast in the oven but never tried it and I believe it has to be thawed for this method. You put the roast in at high heat for 15 or 20 minutes then turn the oven off and don't open the door. It is supposed to come out a perfect medium rare to rare in the middle every time. Unfortunately I can't remember how long you leave it in the cooling oven. I do believe the technique was even posted here once.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 07-21-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Add me to the list of putting frozen meat in the crock pot with no issues and have been doing it for decades. I also cook my stuffing in the turkey and not seperate despite all the warnings of food borne illness. Hope I haven't gone and jynxed myself now.

I have heard of another way to cook roast in the oven but never tried it and I believe it has to be thawed for this method. You put the roast in at high heat for 15 or 20 minutes then turn the oven off and don't open the door. It is supposed to come out a perfect medium rare to rare in the middle every time. Unfortunately I can't remember how long you leave it in the cooling oven. I do believe the technique was even posted here once.
Perhaps you are refering to cooking a standing rib roast.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I just put a frozen chuck roast in the crock pot last Sat. I seasoned it with a little beef broth and a pack of Hidden Valley ranch dressing. After 8 hours it just fell apart and we ate it on rools.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

We buy a half a cow every year and the butcher cuts the roasts for us. One he labels Pikes Peaks roast is the best in a slow cooker. I haven't bought grocery store beef in decades so all I know is English, rump, and chuck roasts.