Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Is nostalgia enough to need a machine? >

Is nostalgia enough to need a machine?

Is nostalgia enough to need a machine?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:40 PM

I’ve read similar things in multiple places, this one fairly recently;

http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot...se-clones.html

I know the American government was anxious to help the Japanese people in large part because they didn’t want them to turn to communism, like the Chinese did.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sewjourner View Post
I’ve read similar things in multiple places, this one fairly recently;

http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot...se-clones.html

I know the American government was anxious to help the Japanese people in large part because they didn’t want them to turn to communism, like the Chinese did.
Yep, this blogger is full of misinformation like much of the internet. I've tried to give her some truth in a reply, we'll see if she allows it to post.

Cari
Old 12-02-2018, 09:54 AM

I do not own a 301 but I do relate to nostalgia in owning a machine. My Granny, who taught me to sew, had a Featherweight---when she passed I had hoped to inherit it, but my cousin got it. After years of being upset that she just let it mostly sit, I decide to look for one of my own, after all it is the memory that counts. The next day, at a yard sale I stopped at to look at something, my allergies kicked up and the owner had me sit in a chair that was for sale outside. As I got my bearings, I looked down to the left and there was one sitting there. I asked if it was for sale and she said yes, there was 1 latch broken on the case. She then told me that all she wanted was $15
so I jumped on it. She even carried it to the car for me. I arrived home in tears to a wonderful DH who cleaned it, oiled it,greased it and put a new cord on it. I named her after my Granny---Annie! I think of her everytime I use it. So you follow those nostalgic feelings and get one. You will not regret it.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 PM

I have two 301s set up in my family room. AnnieRose pieces and ErinRose FMQs. Of my 12 machines, they are the only two I use for quilting. AnnieRose's tension is off since I replaced the spring - owner error, I imagine, so she doesn't currently like lightweight FMQ threads, but works perfectly with regular thread.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:41 AM

love your story fktsewing...