Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
chritmas gifts >

chritmas gifts

chritmas gifts

Old 12-26-2018, 06:26 PM

The emotion on your niece's face.and her tender touching, this will be a gift she will hold dear to her. Holidays are hard on families, glad you were there for her. Your sons will enjoy using their quilts too.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:22 AM

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister. Your quilts fully express your love. Well done.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:21 PM

thank you everyone for your kind words Merry Christmas to you all
Old 12-27-2018, 06:56 PM

Your gifts were so thoughtful as well as awesome. I know they meant a lot to each individual.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

So sorry for your loss but what a great quilt for your niece she will cherish it forever. Tshirt quilts are super too.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:32 AM

I do hope you make their identity so prominent that the quilt doesn't grow legs and walk away. I made my late Sil a quilt and by the end of the day it was gone. My niece walked the hall of the hospital and found it on someone else's bed. She took it home with her.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:27 AM

Your quilts show your skill really well, but the first thing I saw in the pictures though, was the non-functional fire detector. I am more than the average person paranoid of fire, having been set on fire as a very small child. I don’t know whose home that is, but please encourage them to get it fixed? This time of year fires can happen in a flash with all the unusual decorations. Hugs.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Your quilts show your skill really well, but the first thing I saw in the pictures though, was the non-functional fire detector. I am more than the average person paranoid of fire, having been set on fire as a very small child. I don’t know whose home that is, but please encourage them to get it fixed? This time of year fires can happen in a flash with all the unusual decorations. Hugs.
I hear ya! I am so sorry for your fire event when you were young. That would make anyone extra vigilant about fire!!!

it is my house.. I have 3 brothers and 3 nephews who are firemen so I have been properly preached to from them Funny how when the kids were little I would have never left the batteries go out on my smoke detectors. Now that they are out of the house I am less vigilant.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
I do hope you make their identity so prominent that the quilt doesn't grow legs and walk away. I made my late Sil a quilt and by the end of the day it was gone. My niece walked the hall of the hospital and found it on someone else's bed. She took it home with her.
that would have been infuriating! The nerve of some people I do have a label on the quilt, but a thief could easily remove that.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I hear ya! I am so sorry for your fire event when you were young. That would make anyone extra vigilant about fire!!!

it is my house.. I have 3 brothers and 3 nephews who are firemen so I have been properly preached to from them Funny how when the kids were little I would have never left the batteries go out on my smoke detectors. Now that they are out of the house I am less vigilant.
What? Like you are any less important to them now? Fix that thang! Lol.