Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019

Old 03-16-2019, 11:46 AM

Love the variety of projects today.

My flimsy pressed and ready for the backing I am currently pressing. Had one errand this morning but have been cleaning and sewing! Gorgeous sunshine today can't wait until spring and I can open the windows. We have anywhere from 2 inches to 3.5 feet of snow in the yard yet. I have been watching a white squirrel while I sew, he or she likes the stale nuts I have been getting rid of.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610387[/ATTACH]

Progress so far, will check back after it's sandwiched. Happy sewing everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI4103cw.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	610387  
Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 AM

Watson- great colors and fmq pattern. that scarf is going to be awesome! And I bet you’re having way more fun with it than with those pesky hanging sleeves.

Thanks everyone for kibbitzing with me on the quilting. I just got back from the barn and am having a lie down, so haven’t followed through yet. Hopefully later this evening.

Rob
Old 03-16-2019, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post

JJ, love those strips and black edges. They really set off the squares. Are you planning to have a black border?
Thank you. I think I'm going to do a narrow inner border in the black, then a wide scrappy border to the edge, but I haven't figured out what border design to use
Old 03-16-2019, 02:11 PM

Oh, so many great projects, love them!

I've been in the mood for some raw edge applique lately, just finished this Lotus and Butterfly shoulder bag for Spring/Summer that I spent the last week or so on:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610395[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610396[/ATTACH]

Name:	LotusPurse.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	610395   Click image for larger version

Name:	LotusPurseInterior.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	610396  
Old 03-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Just got back from the quilt show with the gals. I'm always so impressed by my fellow quilters, especially you talented handwork artists, some truly great applique and other techniques. And you great quilters, both hand and machine, my hat is off to you all as well, I just don't think in that dimension, mostly I just try to stick stuff together well enough so it can be washed.

There was a quilt there that was basically my Flying Squares project but made as a memorial quilt using her hubby's shirts. And a variation of my purple quilt project done in red, black and white. Mine will look very different but I recognized the basic block construction.

So I'm back home, off my feet and on the computer for a bit. Hubby still sick and grumpy and says he will go to urgent care tomorrow... Guess I'll rest up for a bit and then start cutting those white pieces.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:07 PM

It is beautiful here today.... even took my toque off while walking the dykes this morning! I managed to finish the binding on this baby quilt for my next gr.gr. niece! The pattern is Simplici-T from a book called Three Fabric Quilts... it even had the quilting lines in the back to trace and use. The quilt is 40" square and I put a white fleece backing on it, even though they live in Calif..... I took a picture of the striped fabric close-up because it really is the same pink as the larger squares, but because of the yellows and greens in it... it shows up as kind of orangey on my camera. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]610401[/ATTACH]

Name:	Baby Girl Hwang due May 2019002 (Small).JPG
Views:	213
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	610400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby Girl Hwang due May 2019001 (Small).JPG
Views:	222
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	610401  
Old 03-16-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Patrice, be patient with that ankle. (I know that's easier said than done!) Thinking of you...
I know. I'm working on it. It's actually not as bad as it could be because it seems like everything takes me so much time to do with the scooter that it keeps me pretty busy especially since I have to ice it every hour so I don't have as much spare time as I thought I would.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:31 PM

Default Garden Delight flimsy

completed flimsy this is UFO from a class I attended in 2003

Name:	IMG_2521.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	743.2 KB
ID:	610403  
Old 03-16-2019, 04:50 PM

Judy, congrats on finishing the UFO! It a beauty!!

I've been busy today. I finished 3 baby quilt tops and have 2 more almost done. My aim was to do only 4, but I had a bunch of squares left over from them, so I hunted in the stash for more fabric to make the 5th one a real scrappy. I'll finish the last 2 tops and get a good start on sandwiching all of them.

I checked out 5 or 6 audio books from the library yesterday ... all mysteries... cranked up the CD player and sewed like crazy!! What fun!!
Old 03-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by geevee View Post
I've been in the mood for some raw edge applique lately, just finished this Lotus and Butterfly shoulder bag for Spring/Summer that I spent the last week or so on
Great bag, geevee! Beautiful applique.

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Just got back from the quilt show with the gals. I'm always so impressed by my fellow quilters, especially you talented handwork artists, some truly great applique and other techniques. And you great quilters, both hand and machine, my hat is off to you all as well, I just don't think in that dimension, mostly I just try to stick stuff together well enough so it can be washed.
You made me LOL, Ice!

Hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon.

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I managed to finish the binding on this baby quilt for my next gr.gr. niece! The pattern is Simplici-T from a book called Three Fabric Quilts... it even had the quilting lines in the back to trace and use. The quilt is 40" square and I put a white fleece backing on it, even though they live in Calif..... [ATTACH=CONFIG]610401[/ATTACH]
This baby quilt turned out really cute!

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I know. I'm working on it. It's actually not as bad as it could be because it seems like everything takes me so much time to do with the scooter that it keeps me pretty busy especially since I have to ice it every hour so I don't have as much spare time as I thought I would.
Ice every hour? Wow, what a nuisance that must be. Hope it's keeping the swelling down.

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
completed flimsy this is UFO from a class I attended in 2003
Love this, Judy. The blocks remind me of waffles!