Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I bought my first  Featherweight! >

I bought my first Featherweight!

I bought my first Featherweight!

Old 08-12-2019, 02:08 PM

bobbin cases can get stalled by tiny pieces of fabric. Just a heads up.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:40 PM

Default Motor issue

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I am so excited. My hunt is temporarily over. I found my first Featherweight. It will be here in a couple days. The price was right. $125.00 plus the shipping. I can't wait for it to get here. I know it has a wiring issue which is why the price was so low. This is fixable. So I will have that fixed in short order. If the problem is what it was described as I can fix it myself. Sounds like a loose wire going into the motor. Time will tell. I can hardly wait I am so excited!!! Of course I will let you all know about this little gem when it gets here and I know I will have it up and running in no time at all. Now if I come across another one that is as close to a bargain as this one is I will grab it up too.
Just got my 1st fw also and was said to have a motor issue. When my husband checked it out it was the electrical plug. We think the previous owner pulled on the cord instead of the plug because the wire was not on the one prong, soider broke. Easy fix. We did eventually replace the plug.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:33 AM

I got my first FW last Fall, and I have not even plugged it in yet. My son's mgr's MIL passed suddenly--she was a quilter--and I was given first chance at whatever I wanted. I bought FW and orig table for $200, Juki TL98 on Bee-Line frame, 4 lge boxes of fabrics (one of fabric bolts), various rulers, scissors, etc etc. I have been learning the mid arm quilting and the Juki--it ties off begin and end....no pulling up bobbin threads! I am blessed!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-16-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps