Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Instant pot? >

Instant pot?

Instant pot?

Old 09-19-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post

If you want to speed up the pre heating time just add your liquid to the pot & then put it on saute mode. It will start heating up the liquid pretty quickly. While that is heating, start putting your "food" items together. Put your food in the pot & then cancel the saute mode & change the setting to your cooking mode. It does shave off a bit of pre heating time.
Am making a note about the saute mode to cook in a 'hot' pot, thank you for the suggestion.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:27 AM

Default Best site for Instapot

I love my 8 qt for lots of reasons. I highly recommend going to pressurecookrecipes.com with Amy and Jacky for the best recipes and how tos. They explain and show everything well. Never had a bad recipe with them. I love sauteing for flavor and cooking in the same pot. I love the quality of the stainless steel liner and how well it heats evenly. I love not smelling it cooking all day like a slow cooker, although you can use it as a slow cooker. I recommend gettting the mesh basket and I put rotissiere chicken bones and leftovers in the basket and make bone broth- then just lift out the basket and toss the bones and veggies- so simple.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

I haven't looked at Instant pots but may. have you heard of soup pots? my friend in England got one and loves it. not sure what it even looks like but i love soups.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:36 AM

One thing you have to be careful of with the instant pot when cooking soups is the thickness of the soup. We tried making a modified potato soup in ours recently & it was too thick & the "burn" alert kept coming on so we just turned it off & ate it like it was. We had already cooked every thing before we tried to put it through the soup mode but DH wanted to try the soup mode anyway. Seemed like unnecessary time used up to me but I went along with him & it was too think for the instant pot. Guess most soups have to be really, really thin. Lessons learned!
Old 09-29-2019, 04:04 AM

I have one and I love it, it does take some time to come up to temp and start steaming. I use it mostly for pot roast, pork butt and chicken. Squash is so easy to make in it, wash it and throw it in whole. Take it out, let it cool to touch and then cut it and seed it.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:38 AM

I bought the ninga foodie adds the air fryer to the function.Love it ! and use it almost everyday.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:06 PM

I have the Mealthy multicooker instead of the instapot. I use it at least twice a week since I like to sauté and slow cook in the same pot so I don't dirty dishes. I love it -- I even make some of the same items in the pot that I used to cook on the stove top since I found it contains the mess better. I did buy a glass lid so I don't wrestle with the pressure cooker lid.