Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cordless iron recommendation >

Cordless iron recommendation

Cordless iron recommendation

Old 04-26-2020, 05:37 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I suppose I could get an extension cord. Cords, in general, just get in the way. Back in the day when working as a presser at the dry cleaners, the cords on the pressing irons hung up in the air and out of the way. Those carried some great heat with the steam. My corded iron will get moved back upstairs relegated to clothing duty and I won’t have to carry it up and downstairs anymore.

I’m keeping my eyes open for a Panasonic 360 and I’m willing to take the chance on it given the mixed reviews. Irons are one of the few things I won’t buy used so I’m going to wait for a good sale as they’re a bit pricey.

Could it ever happen that glue gets on the sole plate of the iron? It’s going to be the decision between steel and ceramic for me.

I also came across wool seam pressers. Anyone use them? They might compensate for any loss of heat and I think I could make one.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:56 PM

I have the Panasonic also and love it. Of course you have to put it back on the cradle to heat up but it’s worth it. I have hand and wrist issues and I immediately saw a difference. I’m not constantly twisting my hand up to set the iron down. The steam works fine too. Well worth the investment and now that I’m inspired to try my hand at glue basting too, the cordless iron will come in handy.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:52 PM

I also have the Panasonic 360, it's a good iron, one minor complaint the indicator light that shows it heated up is red, for whatever reason I wait for it to be green, I wasted an ugh amount of time. My other is purely operator error I have to catch myself, I still try to set it down on the flat bottom that does not exist as both ends are point when I need to place in the base. It's a nice iron, it produces more heat than my Shark regular iron.