Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 09-08-2020, 07:55 AM

Look at all the hair on that baby!! GramE such a beautiful baby. I figure you will be holding her in your arms really soon. Congratulations!
Old 09-08-2020, 07:57 AM

A Boomer just asked whether she could send a second smaller piece of fabric to be used as an accent piece. The answer is yes. Try to keep the piece to 8 1/2 inches square or less to keep us from going right back to the squashing issue of too much fabric in an envelope.

Also, a reminder that generally Boomers keep the remnants from the F8s and accent fabric they receive unless there is a specific request by the owner to return them. Not everyone keeps them but it's been customary to do so throughout the Booms.

Libster, I just realized from your photo that the floral I have is the same print as yours, but in blues and whites. I'm probably going with that one. I just need to check that I've got enough.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:32 AM

Janice, great minds and all that good stuff, right? LOL I know I'm going to love yours in the blue colorway. Sending email now with tracking number. My F8s are on the way!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:32 AM

Congrats GramE! Nothing like new babies in a family. Will get my fabric in an envelope for Janice today and get it mailed in the next day or two.
Very cold here, snowed most of the day yesterday. This morning it's 37, froze last night and we're suppose to get more snow tonight. Sure not ready for all this cold so soon.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I just packaged my 38 F8ths into the padded mailer. It barely fit, smashing and squeezing it all in, leaving baggies open for the air to escape, etc. I hope there is not too much accent fabric sent. I don't think it will fit in a package with fabric for two groups.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:33 AM

I sent my package off. Should get to Janice Friday. I didn’t realize Leaving the bags open was better. I tried to smash all the extras air out And then close them. . I sent accent pieces, although I didn’t know they could be 8x8 so mine are smaller. And I asked for extra fabric to be sent back as I ran out of the boom fabric completely. Sorry sewbiz

im really looking forward to the boom. I'm finishing up piecing A quilt made from 2 1/2” squares from all the boom fabrics. It’ll be ready for FMQ by the time the boom fabrics arrives. I like to have one piecing project and one FMQ project going at the same time. I like to go back and forth between the two. Unfortunately my sweet 16 sit down has an intermittent problem that the repair guy can’t find. I bring it to him it works, I bring it home it works one time then quits. Sigh.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Very frustrating to have a machine act that way, MJP... Hope you can get to the bottom of the problem.

I mailed my F8s out today too. Can't wait til we get started!
Old 09-08-2020, 11:22 AM

Once I get it all into baggies, I take a pin and pop each once - it takes any remaining air out.

Does everyone have their bubble suits sterilized and on ??
Old 09-08-2020, 11:44 AM

Default Flurry fabric

Hopefully my flurry fabric shows up, it’s all cut and ready to go in the baggies. Hubby stayed with me till I had word working on computer and then left to go back to lake. Went to print and printer jammed. Will have to wait for him to come back on Thursday to take me in for my procedure. Looks like I won’t be able to mail till Friday morning unless he can talk me through it on the phone. Frustrating.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1D71FC90-1E0E-4FC9-B994-417FB758B8E1.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	627733  
Old 09-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

I love those black and whites, Terri! I've never seen any of them before.

Sorry about your printer!