Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 09-17-2020, 09:42 AM

carriem, love the addition it looks perfect! Mona, the pink and black looks awesome, sure brings out the center again.
Macy, your package arrived last night. I haven't looked at it yet but will after doctor's appt. today. I'm having trouble with a lot of weakness and numbing on my left side, I fell pretty hard last weak and now the left leg just goes numb. Hope they can figure it out, I haven't been able to go downstairs for 11 days so no sewing on this end at all. I'm going nuts!
Old 09-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

Jaba, hoping you get to feeling better and recover fully from that fall. Please remember to ask for help if you need it. If the Round Robin becomes a burden, either someone from your group or myself would be happy to finish it for you. Just ask if you need to.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:13 PM

Here's the promised pictures of LeeAnn's work on Rebaquilts top, and what I did on IceBlossom's top. The sunlight was coming in on the kitchen floor and made that bright spot on the picture. But, hey, you get the idea of what they look like. I'm not going to climb up on the ladder to do it again! Hopefully the Round 4 picture will be better than mine. :-)

You know how you have those favorite fabrics in your stash that you just keep and keep, never quite finding the right project to use them on? That's what I had, a couple of Joan Kessler by Concord fabrics. I've had them since about the late 70s to early 80s! A calico and a large stripe in a color I really liked that is somewhere between sage green and teal. (It's not so gray as my picture shows.) After saving them for so many years, who would have thought that I'd be using those fabrics on somebody else's quilt instead of my own?!! I'm just tickled pink with this top. You should see all the little prints in tiny pieces in the center. Some are about 1/2". Such a pleasure to work on this top. So glad I found a home for a fabric I've loved for so long.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rebaquilts - round 3, LeeAnn.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	627936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IceBlossom - round 3, givio.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	627937  
Old 09-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Yay! Pictures! I love the swizzle LeeAnn put on Reba's quilt. It's so cute.

Love what you have done with IB's quilt, Givio. The lillies are so pretty, especially when they turn the quilt on point! Beautiful work.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:32 PM

The dark print in LeeAnn's round is a black and white polka dot. Sorry the pictures don't show the details!
Old 09-17-2020, 03:05 PM

Givio...thanks for the pictures!!! These quilts are amazing. i love what you added to iceblossoms canter!!!

LeeAnn!!! Love the border you added!!! It's the perfect addition!!!

We have a talented group!!
Old 09-17-2020, 05:32 PM

Wow - more terrific rounds - they seem to come in twos!!
I love how you put it on point and incorporated all the colors. I had to check to see what the actual center was!
And I love the border - it is one that I have in my RR file for possibilities.
Yes - I have those pieces of fabric that have still stayed with me for ages - and the color actually comes back in style and it matches!
Old 09-18-2020, 06:47 AM

I'm going to take a break from this RR and work on the center that I kept back. I want to use the border fabric I have so I did some sketches of ideas for the quilt.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:44 AM

Default wow

Thanks so much for the work on my center LeeAnn, it looks fantastic. I love how the lime green in the tips of the center is being picked up and highlighted, and I'm excited to put the final border on IceBlossom's, it will turn out just great. I love baskets ;-) and these are pretty for sure! Hugs all!
Old 09-20-2020, 05:42 AM

Reba, I'm glad you are pleased with the border I added. I think the black makes it pop. Givio, your round is stunning! I'm happy I don't have to follow that round. It's beautiful! Many talented ladies in this group.