Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You tube all day >

You tube all day

You tube all day

Old 11-29-2020, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I love watching youtube. Sometimes its for learning and other times just to relax between sewing. I have started knitting again because of youtube. So much info. there.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:50 AM

Started my day watching Angela Walters sewing with her teenage daughter. Way too funny...both of them.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
My newer Kindle is upstairs in my bedroom. Last night I had trouble getting to sleep. Turned on YT, found a 90 minute video about exploring abandoned mines in the west. Asleep in 5 minutes.
Lol!

Doesn't matter what I watch after I climb into bed - I'm out like a light before I know it. Then I have to root through the bed covers in the morning to find my phone. I quit using my Kindle in bed because when I start to go to sleep it smacks me in the face. Wide awake!

I love YouTube - I probably watch that more than anything else. I learn all kinds of fun things going down the "YouTube rabbit hole". The last couple of days, we've had a virtual fireplace with Christmas music playing on the TV in the living room.

Last edited by SherylM; 11-29-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:41 AM

I have my laptop and my Samsung Tab 3 in my quilting corner. If I want to keep a playlist going, I'll just plug into YouTube on my laptop but if I want something else, I'll use my Samsung. I've got several videos saved on it, so I don't have to deal with all the ads on YouTube.

Sometimes though, I put my headphones in and I'll listen to music. Right now, I'm on a Neil Diamond kick.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:49 PM

In my sewing room/studio I have a bluetooth speaker and I listen to Amazon music, I subscribe to Amazon music just for using it while quilting. Or I will listen to quilting podcast, Leah Day is my favorite. I never knew about podcast until I read about them on here. 😎 Thank you ladies and gentlemen.
i have a kindle fire and love it, I'm on my second one. Someone mentioned earlier getting a good deal on one, tomorrow is cyber Monday, l'm sure Amazon will have Kindle deals.
And as far as YouTube goes, I love that too, so much good stuff to watch on it, IMHO, Donna Jordan is the best.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

3 years ago my husband had an emergency appendectomy. I got home at 2 in the morning. I couldn't turn the lights off in his car.
Unwilling to waken my dear neighbor I ran in the house, typed the make and model of his car into Youtube and voila! Got the lights off and went to bed
That site is priceless.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:12 AM

I have a TV and DVR in my sewing room. I either watch shows or music that I have DVR'd while I'm quilting. It pretty much depends on what I'm doing. Hand work, I can watch more involved shows. FMQ I usually have music on since I dont' want to look up a lot.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
In my sewing lounge, copying a member here, I usually have the TV on for background noise. Lived too long alone and always had the TV on for company. Today decided to watch/listen to quilty shows instead of my normal crime shows. When I told DH, he put his hand on my forehead to see if I was ill. Maybe I'll learn a new trick or two.
you sound like me but I toggle between crime shows and craft shows.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:07 AM

I very often have YouTube on my laptop when I am sewing. I have discovered so many full length movies and documentaries that I can't even begin to list them all. I love history so my hunger to learn more is fed while I cut, piece, press and quilt. You Tube is a good friend that I can ignore when I want and listen to while multitasking. Yes, I do catch Pat Sloan and SMQ but do not do marathon watching. Oh, and audio books, that is a given!.