Newbies challenge

Old 03-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Semi-newbie quilter for ADOPTING!

I have tons of designs and would love to be adopted by someone who machine quilts! I would like to learn how to do this because I feel it would be much more durable in the long run.

I am fun and outgoing and LOVE to design quilts! Both traditional and new age!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned

HI all.....I am willing to help with what I know?? Does anyone want me for a Mommy??
Let's see I don't know how to hand quilt...B/c I have never tried and I can't say that I know how to FMQ..unless it is a small project b/c I have only ever long armed my quilts??
I DO know how to applique, paper peice and peice?? I don't know..I produce alot of quilts but I think all of us feel like beginners because we learn new things all of the time....so I guess I can try to lead because I don't feel like a "true" beginner?? If that makes sense?
Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 AM

Regards time zones. It's up to the people involved who they choose and what criteria they use to make that decision. There isn't a "rule" about it.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:58 AM

I've updated the group activity list. Hopefully I've gotten it right because somehow I lost the PM's. So if I messed up please let me know. I'm kind of learning as I go on this.

We need more moms and dads so if you know of anyone please let them know about what we are trying to do here.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:09 AM

HI I am back, phew! I have been sewing my little heart out. I took two classes in one day, WHOA! I am exhausted. So my experience is I have done a lot of Art to Heart applique and Patchabilities (mostly wall hangings) I have made lots of purses, The only Quilt I have ever finished is a simple 6 inch square patch quilt and I tied that. I am currently trying paper piecing and taking a class on lover's knot. I would love a Mom semi close to me, who has machine quilted with their own machine, this is something i would like to learn, Also who has just wisdom cuz I am a newbie. Thanks to whomever adopts me am very excited, will post pictures of my 3 in progress projects later Lol!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:11 AM

Oh by the way I noticed the thread on the bottom had organization on it but are we still posting here>?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I ran this thought by crazyquilter and she said she had also thought of it so to go ahead and post:

Just a thought here - not wanting to throw a wrinkle in the plan: Would it be beneficial to connect mentor and mentee in the same time zone? I have friends in the mid-west and family in Germany so I know how hard it is to plan phone time - let alone be spontaneous?...
You are probably right, Mad, but I wonder how complicated it will be matching strengths AND time zones...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:32 AM

Yes we still post here. That's why we are "stickyfied" to the top of the board. This way we are easy to find.

By the way, you find your own adoptions. I'm not putting people together. You are the person who can best decide who you will work best with.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 AM

You asked that we list our strengths. I am competent in piecing, paper piecing, mitering corners and hand quilting.

Daisyboo9 and Kyiav10, if you care to join Up North and me, we are working on paper piecing. I could also step you through mitering. But you'll need to find someone else to help woth FMQ! Not my area at all!! :lol:
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 AM

I have a MOM brushandthimble we have already pmed this is exciting!