Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World" >

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

IRR II Group 4 Pictures...."Quilters Around the World"

Old 02-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by gaigai
Patti, I don't think you have to worry. April stole a duck leg to gnaw on, so all poor Ducky can do is swim in circles until she gets a prosthesis!! I forget what thread it was, but it was hysterical!!

Ahh, it was group 1!
LOL I felt so bad I designed a prosthesis and gave it to her....I still don't think she knows how to swim with it though :-)
Hugs
April
Swimming will be a challenge for awhile, but you should see me slolam with it. I should have been in the Olympics.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Well there ya' go...always look for that silver lining, right????
Old 03-04-2010, 03:28 PM

I received Mel's center today. Wow, it's a really beauty in person too! Hmmmmm....now what to do. I think I'll have a lot of fun with this one. Gai, I love the corners with the 3-D effect. Yowza!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:55 PM

Sandpat..

when you get a few minutes, would you write and explain what these groups (IRR) are.

The projects that are shown are some of the prettiest pieces I have seen......
don't think that I am up to that level but am just interested in knowing.

Definitely want this thread to come back to me so that I can continue to view and admire all the ladies' work.

Thanks, MaryJane
Old 03-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
when you get a few minutes, would you write and explain what these groups (IRR) are.
Thanks, MaryJane

MJ, IRR stands for International Round Robin. Anyone who wanted to join signed up, then Elle and Patti divided us into groups. There are ten groups of six people each, and six "Rounds". Everyone made a "Center" Block that was up to 24 inches square. Then you send your center on to your assigned mailing person. Person 1 sends to Person 2 who sends to Person 3...etc... and Person 6 sends to Person 1. For each "Round" you add a border of a pre-determined width: 3", 5", 6", 7", 8", 9". For each round you have about two months. So, at the end of a year, you get a finished quilt back that six other people have helped construct. It is absolutely fascinating to see what the other people come up with. Everyone's ideas and execution are unique, which makes it really fun, and challenging. This was my first Round Robin, but it definitely won't be my last!!! Just like the Doll Quilt Swaps, I am completely hooked.

If you want a good laugh, read the beginning of the thread, where Terri is crying because she knows she's going to be moving, and decides she can't join in this time. Now, WHICH person do you think is a member of not one, but TWO different groups??? :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :-P :-P God Bless her!!

And as far as being beyond your skill level, it's not. There are all levels of quilters involved, from brand newbies up.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Gai...perfect answer! Thanks for stepping in!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 PM

gaigai.......that answered my inquiry....thanks so much.....

I hope that there is time to think about the next one.....it really would be a challenge........

Lots to think about.........thanks again.....MaryJane
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 PM

mary jane this is my first irr and i have had lots of fun along with the challange each new border brings
Old 03-05-2010, 05:24 AM

gaigai..

I am just now reading all the posts in this thread.(was away and had company since 2/7 and the last of them just left here on Monday)....so I am way behind on my thread reading.

I was just about to write and ask you how you did your flowers and came across your explanation....WOW......one would never believe that you fused them from the picture.

I thought that maybe, no that's not true.........I could even fathom how you did those beautiful posies. They are gorgeous.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

MJ...you should SEE this thing in person....I have it now to work on (it still hasn't done much more than lightly whisper)...and it is GORGEOUS!!!