Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Design Ideas needed >

Design Ideas needed

Design Ideas needed

Old 06-11-2021, 03:51 AM

French braid, log cabin, Irish chain, etc. can be made. You may have to add lots of background fabrics. Is the fabric prints? Is it pretty or not?? Good luck.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Do you want easy? Or do you want a French braid? I'm working on my first one, using it as a border. My instructions had me cut 2.5" by 7", but any rectangles will do. I found this pic on Google images.
I was thinking about trying a braid.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
French braid, log cabin, Irish chain, etc. can be made. You may have to add lots of background fabrics. Is the fabric prints? Is it pretty or not?? Good luck.
The fabrics are prints--but things like Frozen themed, Emoji faces, unicorns, rainbows, and other medium to large prints where I don't really want to be cutting characters heads off type of thing. I am thinking that the block quilt would be the best idea--it would maintain the fussy cuts that it appears this person did, and use them as is with minimal trimming. I would just have to find a couple coordinating fabrics to add.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by LAF2019 View Post
if you use the brick layout like shown above, I would cut them at 5x10 and use the 2.5 leftovers for a scrappy binding. or cut them into 7.5" squares and again, you have scrappy binding leftover. could be an easy nine patch.
Great idea --I think this will be the best idea to use them. I will need to find some coordinating fabric, but I can use a solid. As I posted to another--they are medium prints with things like Frozen themed with Elsa, Anna, Olaf....then some unicorns, rainbows, Emoji fabric---so I really don't want to be cutting off characters heads.