Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needles >

Needles

Needles

Old 07-08-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I have a 26" Innova and use Groz-Beckert size 18.
I was wondering if these were good needles. Never seen the name before. Thanks everybody for your quick answers.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:48 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by pmonaghen View Post
I like Groz Beckert needles...just have to be sure to pick the correct size for your machine! (don't ask how I know!!)
It can't be emphasized enough that different brands of longarms (and even different models within a brand) often take different needle sizes. Not talking 16 vs 18 here, but the actual needle design - shaft, scarf, length, etc.

The owner's manual should explain the needle required for a Voyager. Short of that, use a site that lets you seach for the machine. Don't use Amazon to search - I saw needles advertised as fitting Innova/APQS/Gammill/Voyager/Nolting and the same needle most definitely does not fit all of those.

The needles I use for my HQ Amara won't work in a HQ Infinity.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:02 PM

Groz Beckert needles are very good needles. But....you have to make sure they work in your machine and also, they do come in different sizes so you really have to make sure you get the right ones for your machine, the specific weight and type of thread, and the material in the quilt.