Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have drapes or curtains in your house? >

Do you have drapes or curtains in your house?

Do you have drapes or curtains in your house?

Old 01-07-2022, 06:44 AM

I only have blinds, except in the dining room. In the dining room, I have blinds and also goldish color sheers that hang on the side of the blinds.
Old 01-07-2022, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

I do not have any drapes, but do have curtains with the tab at top so they are easy to open and close. I would rather have window shades than mini blinds. They are so difficult to clean and keep clean. I do have some valances in my sewing room and kitchen.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:02 PM

No blinds, no curtains, no shades. I love light. We live in a rural area and so I don't need to worry about neighbors. At night, it's kind of odd seeing all that black but then daylight comes in and makes up for the evenings darkness. When we first moved in, I had curtains, drapes, mini blinds and between cleaning, maintaining and then replacing - I just gave up! I love looking out and when it snows, I feel like I'm in the snow globe itself! Wait - I do have a sliding barn door over a bathroom window for privacy since it faces our deck. I don't see myself having to replace or repair that one so it gets to stay!
Old 01-07-2022, 04:31 PM

I have blinds on most of windows, some are pulled up, some have "lace" curtains over them, and some I close at night. I was planning on putting up drapes but never got around to it. I am not very fussy about my decorating; I have a wide variety of furniture of different styles and types of wood. The house was built in the late 40's and I love the oak bookcases on either side of the fireplace and the corner cabinets in the dining room. My great Aunt and Uncles old round oak dining room table graces the dining/sewing room as I found the sewing cabinet, I bought was too big to fit through the door to the front bedroom which was going to be my sewing room (OK, I do have my small travel machine, and a lot of fabric storage in there). I guess I like function and comfort more than visual perfection.
Old 01-08-2022, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

when we moved into the condo, i went to every open house to see what others had. when i walked in here, they h ad lattice panels made for the windows. it fit in perfectly with our beachy theme in the bedroom. i don't what else to put up, so it was perfect.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

I have a mini blind, sheers and drapes on the sides of the living room window. Mini blinds stay shut at all times to block sun on tv. I had drapes last year in dining room to give me a different look. They are down now. Mini blinds with sheers over them. Bedroom has mini blinds and sheers. Cat room has curtain covering top window so she can look out into backyard.

We have woods behind us. In order for someone to see in windows they would have to climb a very tall tree. I still hate windows with no covering. I have mini blind and valance on kitchen window. This place is like a fishbowl at night and we do have people driving past. I like the closed look. Sewing room has a mini blind up and sheers on side of window. I do like light during the day coming in. I no longer sew at night, since we retired.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

We have ivy that has completely taken over one of my sewing room windows. My husband trimmed the other window but I have a big table in front of the ivy covered one. That's going to be interesting LOL.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:13 AM

I only have blinds in my home. They are the honeycomb style and in the bedrooms, bathrooms, they are the bottom-up, top-down style for privacy. I have seen some beautiful drapes/curtains, but I like the blinds.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:20 PM

No curtains or draperies. We live on top of a hill and love the view without window dressings. Each bedroom has blinds or shades, but that is all.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:24 PM

Our current home we moved into in early 2009 has wooden blinds in the LR, DR and Master Bedroom. I put up drapes in the guest room as well as my sewing room and curtains on the laundry room door. I even installed curtains in my husband's shop (all camo).