2022 UFO challenge

Old 11-14-2022, 09:16 PM

I'm kind of embarrassed to post right after another one of WMUTeach's amazing finishes, but I'm happy to share this quilt I made to protect the back seat of our car when we have the dog in there. I've shared a picture of it installed (with elastic straps that go around the headrests). This 9P top was made in the early 2000s, back when I didn't really have any quilting fabric per se and just used whatever I had access to because I didn't know what I was doing! There are bits of silk, flannel, rayon (I think), polyester, upholstery samples, sheets, and a few pieces of actual quilting cotton in there. Unsurprisingly, it sat in a box or bag for 20 years or so until I had an epiphany and realized it would be perfect for this use. I shared a bit more in the Fabric Moratorium thread (where you can see "proper" pictures), but figured a 20-year old flimsy definitely qualifies as a UFO completion!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Car Quilt.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	976.6 KB
ID:	641339  
Old 11-15-2022, 05:57 AM

Every quilt has a purpose!! I bet your pooch doesn't even notice that the quilt was a beginner's attempt. And protecting the seat with your nine patches, well why not! Congrats on your 20 year UFO finish!.

I will take a peek at the Fabric Moratorium photos. See you there.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, WMU :-) The more I look at it, the happier I am with having created something useful and at least it's a conversation piece if not a masterpiece! :-)
Old 11-17-2022, 01:29 PM

Hello Gemm and congratulations on a finish
Old 11-18-2022, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Here is my last UFO for November. Louisa May Alcott, Civil War Stars was started two years ago in September, blocks finished a year ago. Getting it on point and making the additional small stars took way to long. But it is finished and ready to be gifted. Yeah for one less UFO!

(The quilt was all from stash and I finished it during this month's Virtual Quilting Weekend.)
This is really great. Thanks for posting! You are an inspiration! Hugs!
Old 11-22-2022, 06:37 AM

Such lovely quilt finishes. I’m sure the fur babies Ike the extra padding in the back seat. My fur babies like all of my quilts no matter where I had them (bed, couches, cars, etc).

FYI, I plan to ho tho site again next year.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:31 PM

UFO’s will be #1 goal for next year. There’s 2 I’d like to finish this year. They’re both partly quilted.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:29 AM

Well, I am finally getting to work or piece this pattern that I have been carrying around with me for the last three years. I seen it on the QB a few years back and I ask the original poster of the quilt for the pattern, and she was kind enough to share her source of the pattern. Then I never got a chance to settle down to make it until now. Hooray, y'all it feels so good piecing again. Now, remember I am visiting here in Kansas for a few weeks and my Cousin loan me a machine and I am really getting something done. My Cousin helped motivate me the other day and I going full steam ahead. This really feels good, I know it's not a true UFO, but to have a pattern so long that the edge starts to curl up on you it's a UFO

Have a sew day y'all---cherryb

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 12-01-2022 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:44 PM

Good afternoon UFO'ers, I am so proud of myself I am making so much progress that I have sewn all the fabric that I brought with me to get into this project. This a first for me in a very long time. Does it ever feel good to have this much progress. Now I have to wait for a chance to get back to the LQS. That is another journey and another story to tell, I will work that one out later

Happy Sew-day everyone--cherryb
Old 12-03-2022, 03:22 PM

Warm fuzzys