Travelinggramma received
Marcialee received
Petthefabric received
Lstew2212 received
Cheesehead received
LogCabin received
Klaws received
Jayne received

We are nearly there! We will be going out of town tomorrow and returning probably the Tuesday after Christmas. Don't worry about your blocks in transit... the mail will be held for us until we get home again. Maybe all the packages will be here by then and I can just mail your blocks on to you! They are quite beautiful in person and I'm sure you will be pleased. We have some really creative people in this group!
Old 12-22-2022, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
And now for the last of my bits of art. When you get your blocks I hope you can feel the joy that I felt while I got my creativity on! I tried new blocks patterns. I used favorite block patterns. I made mistakes in my cutting that I caught long after the fact and so had to improvise. All in all, I am very happy with my explorations on your fabrics. I planned the blocks when I first got the fabric but didn't get to work on them beyond pulling patterns and fabrics until this month. It was a nail biter for me to make sure they got done and mailed to Sewbizgirl on time. But it happened! Thank you all for the entertainment all semester long! This board lends itself well to peace and relaxation in chaotic lives. Thank you, all!
quilt.
Well said. I love a challenge. 12” squares is just the right size.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:09 AM

Holy Christmas to all.
Old 12-25-2022, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

A Merry Christmas to All!
Old 12-25-2022, 12:39 PM

Joyeux Noël! I hope your Christmas is safe and warm!

Old 12-25-2022, 12:56 PM

Feliz Navidad!!! Blessings of health and happiness and joy to all of you!
Old 12-26-2022, 07:54 AM

Hope everyone had a blessed Christma
Old 12-26-2022, 09:53 AM

Hope all who celebrated had a lovely Christmas. Our Asheville family, including the grands were unwell so we only spent a couple of hours with them, all adults masked. They’ve got flu running rampant. Nevertheless, it was fun to see gifts being opened and the excitement of the 3 yo in particular.

Unfortunately, we’re dealing with at least one burst pipe from the cold. We’re starting to defrost here a bit so I hope it gets no worse.

I plan to start a new quilt this week so I’ll be busy with that until boom blocks arrive in January.

Stay warm! 2023 is coming soon!
Old 12-26-2022, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

Sorry about the burst pipes! We had to do some plumbing repairs yesterday too. My SIL is a plumber, but my son ended up doing the repairs, as he's quite proficient too.

We had great family time. Instead of games we put together a puzzle that everyone worked on, which was fun. Today is Boxing Day (my SIL and DD are British) so we are still celebrating. All the rest of the Boom blocks are expected to arrive tomorrow, so I'll swap as soon as I get home. Expect yours to arrive soon!

Happy Boxing Day!
Old 12-26-2022, 01:01 PM

Janice -- sorry to hear about your burst pipes. We all need a plumber in the family!

Sewbizgirl -- Keep those celebrations coming!

Terriamn and Petthefabric -- Thank you! It was a beautiful and joyous Christmas in my world. I keep praying for peace on all the Earth but I can only manage my little corner of it.

mjpEncintas -- warm inside, f'sure! I don't like having to stay inside but we warmed up enough for the kids to ride their foot powered scooters for ten minutes in the sun before they had to come in.

I had to pick up all my sewing in order to clear the dining room for Christmas feasting. Time to pull everything out again to try to get some UFOs completed before Sewbizgirl send me the newest UFO for me to play with.