Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 02-22-2023, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday, Janice!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Birthday flowers Janice.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	642848  
Old 02-22-2023, 01:00 PM

Just a quick note to say thanks again for the candy packages! All but one came in by my birthday so that’s very good. I was going to open them today but time is running away from me so it might not be for a day or two. I’ll post pix then.

And I sent out my package to March’s birthday gal today so she should get it soon.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:52 PM

Happy Birthday!
Old 02-22-2023, 06:25 PM

Happy birthday to our first swapper!!

in 2003 my hubby and I purchased and moved into a fifth wheel trailer. We sold our home and traveled. We became grandparents , traveled with our grands and helped each of our two children with our four grands as we traveled. Thus Traveling Gramma! Currently staying with our son in NH and spending time with our two teen grandchildren .
Old 02-22-2023, 08:54 PM

Happy Birthday Janice. I’m posting this with only 10 minutes left in your special day! Hope you had a great day. Enjoy opening your packages.
Old 02-23-2023, 03:27 PM

Veteran swappers, what did I do wrong?? I mailed Janice’s package with a couple of stamps slapped on it and dropped into the chute, and it arrived just fine.

Today I went to mail Billie’s and stopped by the actual post office. They charged me $5.10 for an identical package as the one I mailed last month! What the—!?! I mashed my squares out really flat, but they insisted it was a “small package” not a “large card” so I had to pay more.

I”m guessing the solution is to just…weigh it myself and put the “correct” amount of postage in stamps? Or would one of the mechanical kiosks that are located in some PO’s be a decent option?

At least my March package is on its practically gold-plated way! Lol

Old 02-23-2023, 06:11 PM

Quossum, That is awful. Was the envelope really fat? If it is more than 1/4" thick you have a "package" I suspect. You may need to move to a larger envelope to spread the candies out more and make a skinnier package. I use a 5 x 7 brown craft envelope and put the birthday card with candies in that. I use the two-ounce envelope stamp rate on it and it gets to where it is going so far. My postal lady is the one who told me the 2 oz price for that sized envelope. I know prices have recently gone up but I don't know if the rules changes about the fatness or skinniness of the envelope. My candies to Janice made it so yay! I believe the 2 oz rate is now $.87.

At the very bottom of the calculate the cost page on this link for 2 oz is the picture I've attached with the size info: https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator...code=False&o=2

Name:	postage.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	642854  
Old 02-24-2023, 06:47 AM

Good morning, Birthday Candy swappers! I just got the opportunity to open my envelopes and what a pleasure it was! All the beautiful candies, cards with lovely sentiments and even a fun mug rug and ornament. Wow! Thank you all so much. I took a quick pic and posted it below.

Name:	B18615E1-BBAD-4AA1-BF88-DFD0E85CFCF2.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	880.2 KB
ID:	642860  
Old 02-24-2023, 07:40 AM

Happy Birthday Janice! I also have been catching up on the posts. My dad's birthday was yesterday but everyone would forget the 23rd, so they always celebrated it on the 22nd. Actually, the 22nd was my former mother-in-law's birthday, she is passed as is my dad. My exchange -daughter's is today, so we have several in a row. My name is also pretty self-explanatory, and I also try to use it across all platforms, I'm also RebaQuilts on Insta, RebaQuilt on youtube and etc. I don't know too many Reba's so that's why I use it. Hugs all!
Old 02-24-2023, 08:08 AM

Hello everyone, as you likely have been hearing in the news, Michigan was hit pretty hard with the ice storms and wind on Wednesday. I lost power on Wednesday evening and am still in the dark, the cold and without WiFi. So currently i am sitting in my local library to charge up, reconnect online and get warm. No sewing for me, no hot tea or cocoa and lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Just wanted all to know that my silence was nothing more than an inability to connect to WiFi.

Power is projected to return on Saturday, Sunday or Monday depending on when you check the local energy provider. They are trying, I know. I will be back maybe tomorrow or Sunday or Monday. Tee-Hee-Hee! Keep warm and sew on.