Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Machine Embroidery
  • Embroidery software for Mac >
  • Embroidery software for Mac

• Embroidery software for Mac

Old 02-23-2023, 12:28 PM

Default Embroidery software for Mac

Machine embroidery software question: Are any of you using Embrilliance Essentials software with a Mac computer? My older laptop has Designer Gallery and that has been great for basic viewing and editing needs. Unfortunately, I no longer have the disc and support has stopped for that program. I'm hoping Embrilliance could be an easy replacement. I have Palette 11, but haven't been successful with that, yet 😳. Thanks.
    Old 02-23-2023, 02:40 PM
    Gay

A good program is Hatch by Wilcom. They don't make for Mac, but if you or someone is a bit 'techi' you can download paralels to make it work. Here is some information.

Hatch software

If you google 'digitising software for mac' you will find others, including Essentials

Last edited by Gay; 02-23-2023 at 02:43 PM.
    Old 02-23-2023, 07:12 PM

Gay - thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't heard of that program. I partitioned my old laptop to be able to run Palette 11. That works, but is inconvenient in that my design and other files are on the Mac side and it doesn't "speak to" the Windows side. I could copy the files over or keep using flash drives, but I prefer to simplify the process. I think I will go with a program that is available for Mac.
    Old 04-24-2023, 07:03 AM

Update: I went with Embrilliance Essentials. It is easy on Mac and is okay for simple needs. I do have my Palette on the one PC in the house and working on learning more on that platform.
    Thanks.
    Old 04-27-2023, 08:01 AM

I have an imac 5 & had good luck downloading. Had my NV2800D for about 2 ½ yrs & just use designs on machine & downloaded lots onto usbs. I do have Embrillance Enthusiast, Essentials & Thumbnailer but haven't gotten nerve to give it a try (didn't buy, came with a machine)...
    Old 04-27-2023, 06:40 PM

I also have Hatch (Wilcom) . It's expensive but if you wanted to purchase, wait till it comes on sale about 2 times a year. usually $400 off the retail.
    Old 04-29-2023, 03:39 AM

I have a Mac and I use Embrillance, I've had it for about 5 years. It is very easy to use and I like that you can purchase modules that you want and not have to purchase the entire program. They have excellent support and the price is very inexpensive.