Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Eva’s Blues >

Eva’s Blues

Eva’s Blues

Old 05-05-2023, 02:36 AM

beautiful quilt....Eva is such a lucky girl to have gotten you. By the way...blue is also my favorite color.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:04 AM

Lovely quilt for a lovely young woman. Hubby and I have hosted 9 foreign exchange daughters. I made each of them a quilt to take home (actually I mailed it - costly- because there was no room left in the luggage due to weight requirements) Each of the girls came as a stranger but left as our daughter. We are still in touch and have several grandchildren in other countries now. We cried every time we sent one of our daughters back home and I am sure you will too.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:07 AM

The border makes a simple patterns shine! Well done. A beautiful piece.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:36 AM

​​​​​l
QUOTE=mrs. fitz;8600040]Beautiful quilt, lovely young woman. Where is she from?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
Lovely quilt for a lovely young woman. Hubby and I have hosted 9 foreign exchange daughters. I made each of them a quilt to take home (actually I mailed it - costly- because there was no room left in the luggage due to weight requirements) Each of the girls came as a stranger but left as our daughter. We are still in touch and have several grandchildren in other countries now. We cried every time we sent one of our daughters back home and I am sure you will too.
Mrs Fitz and Lena1952, Eva is from Spain. Her 15 year old brother is in the program too. He is in Michigan and we are in the south. Eva turned 18 Monday. Eva took her ACT, scored 25 but wants to re-take it for a possibly even higher score and wants to come back, in August, for college here. Her parents are flying in June to check things out, but my daughter has taken Eva several times to talk to staff, at the college to see what she qualifies for in financial aid. We call her our exchange student or our new granddaughter, but our youngest daughter is actually her host mom, not us. Eva calls us Gram and Papaw just like our other grands and great-grands call us. She feels like family and I guess we do too, to her. She is very lovable, jolly and sweet. I know she misses her Spain family at times, because she had to be picked up from school crying one day. I told her it was understandable to be lonesome and okay to admit it. I got a laugh out of her even though her eyes were welled with tears, when I told her about us living in Germany, when Papaw was stationed there. For the first few weeks I cried everyday, I missed my family and it was my first time really being away from home. When he threatened to send me home, I dried up!-lol

I also want to thank all of you for your support of my work and all your kind comments. I really appreciate them.I hope all of you have a nice day-Toogie

Last edited by toogie; 05-05-2023 at 04:43 AM. Reason: I forgot to add thank you
Old 05-05-2023, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Toogie, that quilt is divine! Blue is my favorite color and you knocked this one out of the park. Eva is precious, too.
What a cutie!
Old 05-05-2023, 05:46 AM

❤️❤️ I’d love to be an exchange student in your home!
Old 05-05-2023, 05:52 AM

Where and when were y’all in Germany? We were there three times.

Linda
Old 05-05-2023, 06:25 AM

How do you get so many quilts done? And every one of them is lovely. I really like the unique border and the on point layout that makes this simple quilt outstanding. Eva is an adorable teenager and lucky to have found a loving family like yours. She will treasure her first experience in the US and remember your kindness forever.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by lscho4jm View Post
Where and when were y’all in Germany? We were there three times.

Linda
We lived in Schwabisch Gmund from 1968-1970. We had 2 army bases there, Hardt Kaserne and Bismarck. Our son was born in Stuttgart.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:13 PM

Toogie, it's a lovely story. More happy days to come to all of you.