Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023 >

Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023

Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023

Old 06-17-2023, 03:27 PM

I finished my four mug rugs and a potato bag... I attempted a UFO project involving a large faux fur winter coat, and I think I'll have to find another use for that fabric or donate it...
Old 06-17-2023, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Love the flower chain quilt, RRB! Glad you are getting help with the migraines, too.
Old 06-17-2023, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

I'm here, but more of a lurker/reader this time. I've been sewing upholstery and cushions for my granddaughter's bedroom. Now it's fit for a princess, but I miss my quilting!
Old 06-17-2023, 08:29 PM

Got the rag quilt block sandwiches stitched at the guild sewing day so will need to lay them out and decide on the layout next.
also placed all those bonus yellow and white HSTs on a board ready to sew. Probably get some housework done in the morning as my poor body needs a change from all that sitting!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1741.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	644463  
Old 06-18-2023, 01:14 AM

Good morning, yesterday I picked up my sewing machine from the "spa", it was in desperate need of servicing. When I dropped it off, I ended up buying a HD machine. It is small and light enough to use for travel also. With my sewing business, I just don't dare be without a machine. No bells and whistles, just a basic HD machine for back up and travel. It's a Janome HD-3000.
Today I plan to stuff pillows, I have an order to fill, will deliver 38 at the end of the week. If I tire of that, I can work on stencilling more pillow fronts for the next order. I try to stay one order ahead, but it doesn't always happen.
I will also be making two quilts this summer for my grandchildren. Twin size. A Tshirt quilt for my grandson and a flamingo quilt for my granddaughter. I have read so many horror stories about Tshirt quilts, I was hesitant, but, I think I have the hardest part done, the Tshirts are cut and interfaced and it was actually a breeze. The local quilt shop I frequently go to recommended Pellon shape -flex. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of making a Tshirt quilt.
So I have plenty I can work on today. Here in Maine, it's a perfect day to be in the sewing studio, and a perfect weekend for VQW as it rained all day yesterday, and is forecasted to rain all day today too.
I look forward to checking in later to see what everyone is working on. Happy sewing everyone.
​​
​​​​​​
Old 06-18-2023, 02:04 AM

Hi everyone!
I have been busy Thinking about my quilting projects..... while doing yard work and gardening. If I can't actually be in my quilting room, I will be there in my thoughts. Getting ready for Father's Day Brunch today. For the fathers out there, enjoy you day and hope you get lots of time for quilting!​​​​​​
Old 06-18-2023, 02:10 AM

RRB- Love the quilt, please show us when you’re all done with it!

Sewed a sample of the enlarged block and decided to use a different pattern. Pulled out the Layer Cake from my stash for the quilt and 90% of them are short by about 1/8 of an inch, so it’s a good thing I chose another pattern! So glad I no longer buy precuts! At the end of the day there is enough for me to use and make due, but it’s still frustrating.

Got my yard all hedged, edged, mowed and blown, flowers fed and weeds pulled. Today is back to the sewing room and hope make at least one block, then cut background fabric for the baby quilt.
Old 06-18-2023, 04:37 AM

Sunday morning update:
1. Cut backing for two UFOs (found a piece in my stash. One used some orphan blocks as well as yardage.)
2. Made a list of backing I need to purchase for two isolette quilts (it must be black or dark blue) and for my Scrap Buster Quilt.
4. Made three more D4Patch blocks for isolette quilts only 12 to go. (perhaps after church today)
5. Cleaned up 2014 file of quilts saved on my computer.
6. Washed a scrap quilt that had unidentified red fabric. So glad I had a color catcher! It was brilliant pink!

It is picture time everyone. We are a busy group this week-end. Copycat you made me smile. Some of my best quilting times are just thinking, planing, mentally playing with colors. Your "thinking while gardening" quilts will be gorgeous I am sure.

Old 06-18-2023, 04:57 AM

Default Sunday

sewbizgirl - thank you! I'm hoping to finally get some relief, they haven't been too bad as of late, but they are still monsters and I was completely resigned to the fact that I was never going to get any relief. Luckily, my NP really sat and listened to me and she didn't peddle off meds and send me on my way like some of the others I've seen. The only thing that really bites is that since I'm taking Cymbalta, I can't take any of the triptan class migraine meds, like Imitrex, there's a huge interaction between the two of them, so I'm not even sure what I'm looking at as far as treatment. My MRI is tomorrow, but I don't see my Neurologist until the end of August. I've had to back off my usual home remedies because of the Cymbalta, too, but luckily she did prescribe an anti-nausea med that puts me to sleep, so once I get down to sleep, I can rest through the migraine and I wake up feeling okay.

Thank you, tallchick!

So yesterday ended up being a hit and miss. I somehow lost my quilting journal to a panic attack a couple of months ago (way too long of a story to post) that had all my notes in it for the quilt, so I had to spend most of the day re-reading the pattern and jogging my memory of what notes I took and put them on a new pattern that I had to print off. The whole quilt is relatively easy, but I had to make adjustments as I started it because of my seam allowance. Once I did that, I thought I would be okay, but then discovered when I started working on the chain blocks that I'm missing strips.

So this morning, it's going to be to clean off my kitchen island and set up to cut the missing strips. I have a feeling I know what happened, they're 2.5" and when I was decluttering the beginning of the year, I found them, didn't know where they had come from and cut them down into 2.5" squares. I really do feel like such a dork, lol.

My other half will be home today, too, so I have to finish the dishes, which I never got to them because of all the note taking and little bit of sewing. He knows it's a quilting weekend, so he'll blow in, I'll get him settled and then I'll be sewing again. I don't know who's more happy about me quilting again, me or him, lol.

Maybe I'll skip the dishes.

Old 06-18-2023, 04:58 AM

This week has had record breaking high temps all week, reached 100! That leaves all afternoon for inside activities. I did get a lot done in workroom. I simply could not work in chaos. DD's crossbody bag awaits...