Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone know any good deals >

Anyone know any good deals

Anyone know any good deals

Old 06-22-2023, 10:54 AM

I don't know about importing but Dinkeydoo in BC has great deals on rolls of Warm & Natural. Not too heavy to ship, either. Mine came through the post office.
Old 06-23-2023, 03:50 AM

In 2021, my one and only black Friday shopping was for rolls of batting from WalMart. 9 yard rolls, 96" wide for $16!!! I still have 1 full one and one that I've taken off about 3 yards. It's Pellon Natural Cotton, and I'd never used it before so was a little cautious. Anything larger than a baby quilt gets sent to a LA; the one I've been using said it was great to work with. Had I known how happy I'd be with it, I would have bought more, lol. It is now about $54, still a lot less than some of them are.

Doing some king sized quilts now and didn't want to try to piece it (again, I am being cautious - can't get that through the sewing machine and am leery of the iron on stuff to join batting) so bought a couple of king size wool batts. I ALWAYS search with "sale" in my search. I got packages of king sized wool from Hancock's of Paducah for $60 each.

I also ordered swatches of FQS's brand batting. Has anyone tried it? It feels okay in the sample...
Old 06-23-2023, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
I don't know about importing but Dinkeydoo in BC has great deals on rolls of Warm & Natural. Not too heavy to ship, either. Mine came through the post office.
Warm and Natural or Hobbs 80/20?
Old 06-23-2023, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
Totally agree, they have great sales and great service. They also sell Glide thread and some Superior threads plus fabric and notions.
Wow! I didn't know they had Glide thread also. I"m going to have to look at that.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ginniequilts View Post
Thank you all for the replies! I found some on Walmart and ordered it but am bookmarking these for next time!
I would like to add to this great working list

Linda's Electric Quilters--Texas: ([email protected] /)

Kingsmen Quilting Supply (https://kmquiltingsupply.net) --these guys sell basically at wholesale prices, but only Midwesterners will benefit because sending large packages through 2 postal zones (as in Midwest plus Northeast/Northwest/Southern) is prohibitively expensive. They also sell thread, some notions, pantos, etc.at good prices and will 'stuff' other items inside a roll of batting to save customers on postage.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:38 PM

Marshall dry goods - don't know if you're looking for a roll of 30 yards, but they have a poly cotton roll for $140 + shipping. I use it, and consider it good quality.

Last edited by cathyvv; 06-23-2023 at 07:40 PM.