Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • VQW--July14-16, 2023 >
  • VQW--July14-16, 2023

• VQW--July14-16, 2023

Old 07-14-2023, 03:21 AM

I'm going to finish my great granddaughters halloween quilt. It's hot, humid and rainy here, good time to be inside sewing.
    Old 07-14-2023, 04:02 AM

I'm also hunkering down in my sewing space to beat the heat. Hope to finish longarming a big (queen size) quilt pieced by my friend from pink scraps. I'm doing an allover free-hand leaves/flowers/swirls and it's taking forever and using thread like mad. Pink is not my color and I swear the color alone makes it harder for me to work on!
    Old 07-14-2023, 04:07 AM

Gemm, I too am a lurker on these weekends but plan to participate this time. I am just finishing an Exploding Heart quilt for our grandaughter for Christmas. Also need to hand stitch the binding down on a Milwaukee Bucks quilt for our grandson, also a Christmas quilt.

Jan
    Old 07-14-2023, 04:15 AM

I plan to bind my latest finish and stitch with new B77. I read instruction manual again to program fancy stitch, but can't figure how to start sewing with it. I will today!
    The color wash quilt squares are ongoing.
    I want to make my own stencil for marking for FMQ. I watched videos and ordered supplies, like plastic sheets and new washable markers. I have an exacto knife somewhere...
    Old 07-14-2023, 05:24 AM

I'm in - good morning, quilting sisters! Thanks for hosting again, Heather - as always, the hostess with the mostest!!

I might be a little ambitious this time, but I figured what the heck. This afternoon, I'll be in a neighboring city finally getting my MRI for my Neurology visit the end of next month, so I'll be out and about from noon to about three or four. I am taking a small crochet project with me to finish finally, it's a 45 minute trip to the city, no telling how long waiting for the MRI, then another 45 minute trip back home. It is on my 'to-do' list for this weekend and I can finally be done with it. It's a shawl I'm making from 3 weight cotton yarn and I have maybe two or three rows left to do, but they're very long rows. If the rain lets up, I'm going to wash it and then hang it out over the weekend so I can block it and shape it, we'll see on that endeavor.

I also put my Brother machine to bed for a while and pulled out my Uten machine that monograms. At some point this weekend, I'm going to start playing with the decorative stitches and the letters to design, or hopefully design, my tags for the quilts I've made. I'll be taking along my bullet journal for this, too, so if I get bored with the shawl or I finish it early, I can pull it out and make some notes.

Once I get home this evening, though, it's all about my Grandmother's Flower Garden. I finished my sister's quilt with a border and my niece's two weeks ago, which were slated to be finished this weekend, but I jumped the gun because I was too excited and finished them off. I have no other larger projects in my future, so I'm going to be working on that. I've been dragging my feet on it, I'll snap pics and post them this evening, but I think I may have done a design boo-boo and could really use some insight.

And then, if I get bored again when I'm at home or I get to the point that I need a break from my hexagons, I've some some new rulers to play with, so I'll work up some sandwiches and get to playing with those.

Lots of plans, but for now, get ready for my MRI appointment. Have fun today, I'll post when I get home!
    Old 07-14-2023, 07:50 AM

Good morning everyone. Thank-you Heather for hosting.

my goals this weekend are (1) straighten up quilting room desk area. And during that process find and select fabric for a couple of QAL’s. (2) vacuum the quilting room. (3). Quilt 1-3 of friend’s baby tops. I just may quilt 1 today and quilt the other two next week. (4). Quilt a Halloween top. (5). Machine bind 1-3 quilt tops. (6). Cut/sew some projects for the guild. That should keep me busy this weekend.
    Old 07-14-2023, 08:28 AM

Yay! Looking forward to seeing what everyone's working on. This weekend I want to:
    1. get two quilts bound
    2. play with the practice piece I've got set up on my Cutie frame
    3. start ditching my Around We Go quilt
    4. work on a paper piecing project that I got from Brenda at Conquering Mount Scrapmore

Thanks for hosting, Heather!

Rob
    Old 07-14-2023, 11:27 AM

Cleaned studio-a little. Procrastinating. Need to do a bunch of rearranging to have space on kitchen counter to sandwich quilt. This is when I miss my old house.
    Old 07-14-2023, 12:30 PM

Lots of stuff happening looking forward to lots of pictures! I'm in this weekend, we have a baseball game tomorrow with the DGS but the rest of the time is cleaning and stitching. I have 1 flimsy that needs its borders and working on blocks for a second quilt. I need to sort and put away scraps and loose fabric in the sewing room also. It's too hot to do anything outside so definitely staying in the AC. Today I proofed a pattern for a designer (love figuring the math). This afternoon a little cleaning and setting things up for sewing tonight.
    I will check in latter, and welcome lurkers!!
    Old 07-14-2023, 02:01 PM

not much sewing so far today, but I learned how to tile a design I'd made in Procreate so I could enlarge it to wall hanging size and print it in sections on my printer. Got that done, and all 28 sheets of copy paper are taped together so now all I need to do is get out the light box and trace it onto my fabric! Right now I'm trying to finish putting all the fabric bits onto a scarf sized piece of wash away stabilizer before dinner.

I've really enjoyed learning how to use Procreate to design quilting patterns. In addition to the whole cloth quilt mentioned above, I've imported a photo of one pieced top into Procreate and designed the quilting for it. That's the quilt I'll work on this weekend.

Rob