Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
VQW--July14-16, 2023 >

VQW--July14-16, 2023

VQW--July14-16, 2023

Old 07-15-2023, 03:59 PM

Wow, sounds like a lot of progress today! It rained really hard here, two inches of rain today but we definitely needed it. Sun tomorrow then more rain Monday. I got a quilt top ready today and made all the HSTs for frommycarolinehome mystery quilt. (they just need trimming) I'm finally starting it. Tomrrow afternoon, I have a bag class. Monday I'm quilting with a friend at the shop and will trim the HSTs and assemble blocks for another mjystery quilt. The components for the block are made, just need to make the blocks and then assemble the top. Should be done by the end of the week.

So will check back in tomorrow night.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:37 PM

Welcome to the Virtual Quilting Weekend, greaterexp. We meet once a month as we can. No requirements, no shame if you only lurk while the rest of life moves on around you.

The sun came out mid-day today, so I quickly snapped the front and back of my smaller crumb quilt. All from stash even the back. I save all the scraps from binding so I use a multi-colored binding to go with the "crumby" look of the quilt. Will go off to donation in the next week or so.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-15 Crumb Quilt 48X61  Back .jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	644754   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-15 Crumb Quilt 48X61  .jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	644755  
Old 07-15-2023, 07:47 PM

My mystery quilt top is completed. Not a great photo, but I have my other project on the design wall.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1802.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	644758  
Old 07-15-2023, 07:51 PM

Didn't realize this was virtual quilting weekend. I haven't been sewing much at all for months but our guild had a sewing day. I brought a BOM from 2 or 3 years ago. I was up to month 7 of 8 months. Got 3 blocks done today so only 3 more for that month then I can finally start the last month to finish it. Love reading what everyone is else is doing!

Old 07-16-2023, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
My mystery quilt top is completed. Not a great photo, but I have my other project on the design wall.
What a lovely use of your blue fabrics. The more I see blue/white quilts the more I want to dive into my blue stash and get going on one. I have saved the directions for this Scrap Dance Mystery and my make one later this year.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:25 AM

Cam's Gram - Open MRIs aren't bad for me, the one I was in felt open and airy, I could see everywhere around me and I knew I had several exits in my line of sight, so I was okay. I was super relaxed and calm, actually enjoyed the process and took a soft nap. It helped, too, that the technician was very gentle and calm. The technician from Friday was a little hard to understand, he talked super, super fast and I couldn't keep up with him, so that made my anxiety kick up a little, then to find that I was going to go into a closed machine, it didn't help. Honestly, thinking back on it now, I don't think he read my file entirely because when we were leaving, he mentioned that I should tell them to put me in the MOB machine, which is two sizes up from what he had me in originally. When I reschedule the appointment, I'm going to have to find out more about that one because if it's closed, too, I'm not getting in it.

Yesterday ended up being full of stops and starts. I originally lost the paperwork for the quilt, I had no clue how many flowers I had or how many more I would need, so I had to spend an hour or so in EQ to get that back. I'm much further behind than I originally thought, I only have 27 flowers out of 85.

When I finally had that settled, it was time to dig out the new color and get them cut into strips, made it through five before my back said, 'uh, what do you think you're doing?' so I had to sit down for a while. I did cut some hexies from those strips, enough to get one of the larger flowers started with another round, but then realized I hadn't eaten anything, so stopped for lunch. Once I ate, I started working on new flowers because I felt I was jumping ahead when I probably shouldn't be at this stage.

Today, I'll be making more new flowers. At some point, I'll cut the rest of the new fabric down into strips and work on cutting more hexies, that's if my back lets me this time.
Old 07-16-2023, 04:52 AM

I think I'm at the halfway point on this big pink thing, but didn't quilt as much as I wanted to because the garden is in full swing. We are 8 quarts, 3 pints on the plus side for dill pickles, and 2 pints of sweet pickle relish. My husband says I could do a side-hustle and sell 'em. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-16-2023, 05:34 AM

VQW - virtual quilting weekend
Old 07-16-2023, 07:08 AM

I make it through a regular MRI machine by closing my eyes before they move me into it and keeping them closed until they have moved me back out. I also keep singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall the whole time. Yep, pretty drunk in my mind by the time I am done. I always did have a good if not overactive imagination.
Old 07-16-2023, 08:37 AM

Okay, so far it's been a disappointing weekend quilting-wise, but I have managed to get the upstairs of the house clean and some other domestic chores off my to-do list. Today I'm hoping to finish my flimsy - I decided I need to add a tiny bit more width so am inserting two vertical contrasting strips of fabric. I hope it works - either way, I do hope to post a picture soon!