Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12 >

Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

Boom 30 - Sign-ups open thru August 12

Old 08-09-2023, 02:48 PM

Libster! Great to see you jumping in!
Old 08-09-2023, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Yay, our little group is filling up! Can't wait to start this boom (tho I may have a delayed start due to surgery).

Just found out that Maui is on fire! Hurricane force winds has caused fire to start, and then to spread to all different parts of the island. I am so sad and concerned for our friends who live there. Many of the places I lived and worked are burning. Lahaina town, where I worked for years, is totally gone. God help those who are there trying to contain the fires, and all those who are evacuated and losing their homes and businesses.

Fires have also broken out on a few of the other islands, too: Big Island and Oahu. So terrible! It's like Armageddon.
Old 08-09-2023, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yay, our little group is filling up! Can't wait to start this boom (tho I may have a delayed start due to surgery).

Just found out that Maui is on fire! Hurricane force winds has caused fire to start, and then to spread to all different parts of the island. I am so sad and concerned for our friends who live there. Many of the places I lived and worked are burning. Lahaina town, where I worked for years, is totally gone. God help those who are there trying to contain the fires, and all those who are evacuated and losing their homes and businesses.

Fires have also broken out on a few of the other islands, too: Big Island and Oahu. So terrible! It's like Armageddon.

Prayers to all in Hawaii
Old 08-10-2023, 02:47 AM

Good rainy morning from WNC. Today’s a granddaughter day! We’ll spend the day with both girls while her parents work as the girls are out of daycare this week and next. What we’ll do on a rainy day I don’t know but we’ll keep them busy somehow. Or will it be that they keep us busy? Lol.

I see the situation in Maui is only getting worse. What a catastrophe.

Is everyone beginning to prep their fabrics? I’ve still got to find one. It’s been so busy here but tomorrow a trip to the LQS is planned.

After signups close, I’ll send everyone an email with my address and you can begin shipping your F8s.

Time to start thinking about having a single 3 month group. Do those of you who wanted to have the 2 month group want to sew 2 sets of blocks for the 3 month group? That’s what has happened in the past but I’d like to hear from you.

I’m off but I’ll check in later when the girls give us a break. If they give us a break!

Have a good day.

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-10-2023 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:13 AM

MJP are you going to join us this time, missed you.

Yeah Libby so glad you are going to enjoy yourself.

Sewbiz will continue praying for you

My dd from Texas is coming to stay with us for awhile. She arrives Sunday and Monday hubby and I leave for the upper Peninsula of Michigan. I kept asking her for a date and we finally gave up and we decided to leave Monday. No reservations, just driving to see the sights and this time of year hotels should have vacancies.

Bonnie I do have a smaller air mattress I will bring next time but at this point actually considering a tent with a nice cot. Decisions decisions.

Tonight at the lake we are hosting a shrimp boil for 12. Should be lots of laughter and friendship
Old 08-10-2023, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Have fun with the grandgirls, Janice! My grandkids just wear me out, too, esp. the 4YO. But I wouldn't have it any other way!

So upset about the fires on Maui. They are everywhere! Kula (upcountry) is burning now. That's where we got married. And we lived in Pukalani last before we moved from Maui... Pukalani has fires too. We talked to a close friend on Maui for about an hour last night. They are around on the Windward side of the island and so far their place is ok. She says it's just apocalyptic, what's happened.

Old 08-10-2023, 05:47 AM

Horrible horrible horrible! I am so sorry this is happening to your friends and personal places. Let us know if there is a group over there that you can recommend, besides the Red Cross or Salvation Army, that will actually use donations to help everyone.

Best of prayers for the surgeon visit today, for you and your health care professionals. Hugs to your DH and kids who are likely more worried about you than you are.
Old 08-10-2023, 01:42 PM

Slight change in the line up…

SusieQOH – 3 month
Cheesehead – 3 month
Sewbizgirl – 3 month
Hav4boys – 2 and 3 month
Annaquilts – 2 and 3 month
Terriamn – 3 month
Rebaquilts – 2 and 3 month
Janice McC – 3 month
TravelingGramma - 3 month
All2pieces - 3 month
Duckling - 3 month
Lstew2212 - 3 month
Libster - 3 month

Hav4boys, Annaquilts and Rebaquilts, should we have a single 3 month group, do you want to make two sets? Let me know! I’ll also email you now. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-10-2023 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Horrible horrible horrible! I am so sorry this is happening to your friends and personal places. Let us know if there is a group over there that you can recommend, besides the Red Cross or Salvation Army, that will actually use donations to help everyone.
I think the best one to support right now is MercyChefs.com. They have been deployed to Maui to feed the masses of homeless people. They are a great org. that we have supported before. They will use donations to provide food for all the needy. They need help!

I wanted to tell you of my trip to the surgeon. I was ready to go through a double mastectomy if that was necessary, but the dr. said he can do a lumpectomy/partial mastectomy, and save my breasts! Then he will do one treatment of radiation after the surgery, while I am still asleep. He will deaden nerves so that I won't be in pain when I wake up. And he will do whatever reconstruction is needed during surgery too. All kinds of cool things that I didn't even know were possible! He said because of my age and the type of cancer it is, the odds of it ever returning is just 5%. Surgery is August 25. Hubby and I are so relieved that it's not as bad as we thought. Thank you to whoever prayed for me. You were heard!
Old 08-10-2023, 05:34 PM

SewBiz, so happy you found someone who knows what they are doing and you trust. Treatment isn’t anything like it was 20 years ago, or even 5 years. It is scary but God is in control. Will keep you in my prayers