Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-12-2023, 07:20 PM

Teen, your clue 3 looks good..
Old 12-13-2023, 06:38 AM

Yesterday I had a day off from sewing, my Tuesday group went out to a coffee shop for drinks and visits.

My contractor is finished building the closets, putting up a handrail, and installing under cabinet lights in the kitchen/over the sink. It took longer than I expected but I have to admit, I'll sort of miss him now that he's gone. I should after these many months unpack my dishes! Been using paper plates since June. I can put my totes of fabric in the closet where they belong and set up my stereo downstairs in the sewing room. Have all sorts of other unpacking to do and I am actually looking forward to it.

But today I shall work on Clue 3!! I have some of my light blues and neutrals cut and sorted into sets. In previous years I've used sandwich bags from the Dollar Store to keep some clues together but I decided to order a hundred pack of the sewing clips and those came yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well and that most of us are not being hit (or at least not too hard) with the snow on both coasts. Weather report here says to expect another couple of days of cold but chilly. Our new house has a heavily wooded ravine out back and we've been enjoying seeing the squirrels play and sometimes catching a glimpse of the deer.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:08 AM

Default Changed My Fabric Up

decided I had better measure how much fabric I had selected. It was not enough to do the quilt. so, I bit the bullet and ordered fabric from my favorite online source. It arrived today. I hope to finally get started.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231213_113933617.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	646662  
Old 12-13-2023, 07:56 PM

Gorgeous fabric, Julie1!

I have finished all of the grunt work for paper piecing clue #3. Now I can have some fun sewing.

Does anyone have a sense of whether we have used most of our navy except for the 'special' 1/2 yd.?
Old 12-14-2023, 04:55 AM

I haven't finished clue 3. I really don't like making those blocks, but I won't get to sew much today. I'm trimming and binding a quilt for a dear friend who had surgery. She needs the quilt for a Christmas gift. I'm taking dinner to her tomorrow and can deliver it then.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:40 AM

Love those fabrics, Julie1!

Kudos to those making significant progress I'm sort of the same stages as Joe'smom -- I won't be paper piecing but I have all my cutting done. I changed my rotary blade because I had a nick in it, turned out it was a lot duller than I thought in general. New blade makes such a difference. I have a lot of sewing to do today if I'm going to be ready for Friday...

QuiltBaer,dear friends are the perfect reason to take a day (or more off) from the mystery project. Have a lovely visit tomorrow and finish up your project while thinking of her today. Best of luck and peace to you both.

As far as fabric goes, is so hard for me to tell with my scraps, plus my cutting large doesn't help. Maybe one of our one cloth per color people can tell us in general terms how their project stashes are going. Doing some guestimates I think I am roughly 2/3rds down on my dark blues, half through light blue, half through neutrals, and some red left.

In terms of the neutrals, I've been watching my purchased fat eighths rapidly disappear but I double checked the yardage requirements and think they were half of what I needed. So I should have enough neutrals but less variety for remaining steps.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:24 AM

Good Morning Y'all.

IceBlossom, I think you are right about how much is left. Dark blues are almost to that stage of "Should I buy more" but there is the focus fabric left. I think I will be okay. I paper pieced so that takes more fabric anyway. Neutrals are getting low too. I will probably end up using a different neutral for the rest of the quilt. Happy Sewing!
Old 12-14-2023, 06:37 AM

Default Oops! It’s Thursday

I realized it’s Thursday and I better get busy! I have everything cut out and put in baggies. I’ve made a few blocks and found they go fast once you’re organized. I like how Bonnie Hunter’s patterns work like that! Hopefully I can get them finished today! The clue with the red triangles was challenging for me.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:33 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default It’s up!

Not done yet but using the shaded four patch( Deb Tucker) method is working great. You Tube it!
So for today’s clue: might there be a die for it? If you know would you PM me.
Off to bake cookies for our Shut-ins at church this morning, then home to work some more. Soooo many gifts to make, so little time!
Old 12-15-2023, 05:40 AM

Howdy all! Here's a link to the Clue 4 PDF file:
https://quiltville.com/pdf/Indigo_Way_Pt4_full.pdf

The basic shape is at the bottom of page 2, the counts and more directions are on page 3. In clue 3 we made two different grroups, one group with more units and one group with less... this time we are back to the same sort of counts as we had in Clues 1 and 2.

I have about a day left ahead of me. My accuracy and consistency are improving but my ability to do more than about 4 sets at a time is slowing me down!