Boom 31 Spring

Old 05-15-2024, 04:10 PM

Blue skies in the Mitten State until Monday! Who-hoo! Well at least in my part of the Mitten State.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:14 AM

I agree with you SBG, A & E is the "end all be all" of all fabric stores! I live about a 1/2 hour away from the store and tend to shop there way too often. I needed to put myself on a fabric moratorium this spring because my fabric stash is out of control. Dh would go to Lowe's or Home Depot to shop and he would drop me off at A&E. Their sales are incredible, their fabric bolts have a year written on them signifying when they received the fabric and many sales for instance, would include 40% off all fabrics dated 2022 and under. Blenders do not go on sale.

Since we have been back in Wisconsin, I am always cold and just can't seem to warm up. When we left Alabama the temps were near 90 and here it's in the 60's to 70's.

Looking forward to the next boom, I've been looking through my fabric trying to decide if I want a floral or children's fabric, maybe I will have to do two groups.

WMUTeach, so sorry your area has had so much storm damage. I hope that I will never be in a tornado, they scare me to death.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:22 AM

Whoope on the quilt store. Unfortunately I will be flying so not much room for fabric.

Cheesehead maybe we can meet up next winter when we go there. Understand your being cold all the time in Wisconsin, same thing happens when we return from South Texas.

I have my reservations for the first solo car camping of the season next Tuesday and Wednesday. I am geared for hot weather but should be 49 degrees at night. Easier to stay warm in the car than to cool it down at night. Hoping I am at the point of hand sewing the back of binding down while camping
Old 05-16-2024, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Pretty day here... thunderstorm supposed to come tomorrow.

I will have to try that trick from Juki Junkies. I'll try it on my Juki longarm. I usually set it on 80 or 85 percent speed and pedal to the metal. I pedal to the metal on anything I sew on, so that won't be new, LOL! Thanks.
I have such respect for longarmer quilters. I took a class at our local longarm store, Accomplish Quilting, and just really struggled with long arming. I'm sure it is a skill that is learned, but the learning curve is so daunting to me. Kudos for those who longarm beautifully. It is such an art. Hugs!
Old 05-16-2024, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Terri, bring an empty suitcase! HA! Have fun on the camping trip. I wanted to camp out in my car at the Paducah quilt show because hotels all jack their prices up during the show. But hubby said absolutely not!

Reba, longarming just takes practice. And a small bit of time every day will cause you to improve more than a big chunk of time once a week. I bought the sit down longarm because the learning curve was less after quilting on a domestic machine. You can do it!
Old 05-16-2024, 08:55 AM

It’s tricky going to big quilt shops. I’m pretty good at window shopping and getting ideas but sometimes the fabrics just call to me. My son lives about an hour from Missouri Quilt Shop. I haven’t succumb to the pull of it yet but next driving trip, I’m going.

So, I’m continuing to get better with the meandering. Now that I don’t have to control my hands add the speed, I’m less nervous and getting to enjoy the rhythm. Such a simple method for me.

I heard from Hav and she says she’s bringing the blocks I sent her up to size. She thinks they’ll be in the mail next week. Woo hoo!

Later, Boomers!
Old 05-16-2024, 08:59 AM

It was a great clear night last night in Michigan, and you know what that means? More moon pics!

Old 05-16-2024, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
It was a great clear night last night in Michigan, and you know what that means? More moon pics!

Your moon pics are great.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Gorgeous moon shots, LC. Hope you get a full moon.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:48 PM

My last block! As it is for RebaQ. I went a different color way, but I saw some others that were not blue. Hope this works out OK.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-05-16  Reba.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	635.7 KB
ID:	648582