Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help! I broke my new Janome... >

Help! I broke my new Janome...

Help! I broke my new Janome...

Old 03-20-2010, 12:50 PM

I have the same machine. The little white bar does go on top of the black screw and it makes the walking foot go up and down. Works great.

Enjoy your machine, I sure do.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:00 PM

It's nice to know that I'm not
The only quilter that does stuff like this!!I tOok my 6600P in because it kept jamming and I had the wrong throat plate on it! I felt like a dope!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:14 PM

I have a new Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 and have found that every time I change the bobbin, if I vacuum it out, I do not have the problems you are experiencing. It may take a little time but it takes less time that the frustration time spent when things aren't going right.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Stummel
Well, I am having stupid day or something...
I cleaned it and pressed the foot pedal and voila, the feed dogs came up. You'd think I was done now being an idiot, but no.
I read somewhere that it is good to change the needle to a denim needle in order to go through all the layers and that it makes the stitch straighter, so I am trying to change the needle, but when I try to push it down to get the bobbin thread it hits a metal surface just under the metal plate, and I can't work out why?
Took the needle out again several times, checked that it was straight (was new from a package anyway) and tried again. Any ideas?
I have changed needles on sewing machines hundreds of times and have never had a problem. I miss my really simply, if not rubbish low end machine.
It sounds like the needle is hitting the bobbin case :cry: try taking the plate back off and making sure the bobbin case is seated right then before you put the plate back on gently turn the hand wheel towards you to make sure the needle goes up and down with out hitting anything. You should always turn the hand wheel towards you to make sure everything is ok before you press that pedal. LOL Liz :-)
Old 03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Every time I think I have made all the possible mistakes that could be made, walla, I surprise myself and come up with a new one. Sometimes I just recycle them and make one I haven't made for a while.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Looks good - great pictures. In the last picture, the thread is wrapped around the needle, you don't want to sew like that! Glad you figured it out on your own. :)
Old 03-22-2010, 12:29 PM

Haha, yes I worked it all out and it works like a charm.
That is, of course if you ignore the fact that I used the table without pulling out [b[all[/b] the feet first, so that it was so unstable I couldn't work out why for a good two hours...but even that is fixed now. :lol: