Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know the stash might be too large when... >

You know the stash might be too large when...

You know the stash might be too large when...

Old 03-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by watterstide
Originally Posted by Ninnie
When you find a pretty material you "just can't live without" , only to get home and find you already had 3 yards of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
i do that with rulers..i really need to quit buying gadgets that i probably already have!
If you're ever at a garage sale and find one of those old metal "catepillars" that we used to put our record albums in get it. They make great storage racks for all your rulers (except the little ones) and keeps them where you can see what you have.
Thanks for the idea. Haven't seen any of those holders in years, but I'll keep looking for them. :roll:
Old 03-25-2010, 06:33 PM

It's good to know that other mothers did this too. With mine it was salmon patties. I hated her salmon patties and refused to eat them. Once, and only once I made the mistake of laying some change on the table and saying, "Mail mine to them." I thought it was pretty funny and after a day or two when the swelling went down I could actually laugh about it. LOL Mom was a wonderful person but she just didn't take well to back talk or a sassy mouth.
Mine didn't like to be sassed either. I picked myself up off the floor only once, and after that she didn't hear my thoughts. I well remember sitting at the table until bedtime cause I wouldn't eat the cauliflower!!

YTQ
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 PM

This proves it!!! I now have the quilting addiction bug. Just bought my first tub today because my fabrics were stacking up everywhere. I am so proud. hehe After 3 quilts and 1 tub, can I say I am no longer a newbie quilter?
Originally Posted by pameladaves
Originally Posted by MNQuilter
Wow! I'm jealous of those of you with stashes like that! I have one tub with fabric that isn't even full, yet! Most of it is smaller pieces that I've picked up here and there. Enjoy using all that fabric ladies! It's fun to look through what I do have and try to plan!
Thats how we all started, pretty soon one tub turns to two then three, Then a bedroom full. Then you can't go to a store without buying more.
:lol:
Old 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel
Originally Posted by Ninnie
When you find a pretty material you "just can't live without" , only to get home and find you already had 3 yards of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oops, been there done that... 3 times, one fabric. so sad. :(
Same here and every time I bought 2 - 3 yards of it. Have gifted some to a woman who makes placemats for some charity and absolutlely loved the fabric.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
It's good to know that other mothers did this too. With mine it was salmon patties. I hated her salmon patties and refused to eat them. Once, and only once I made the mistake of laying some change on the table and saying, "Mail mine to them." I thought it was pretty funny and after a day or two when the swelling went down I could actually laugh about it. LOL Mom was a wonderful person but she just didn't take well to back talk or a sassy mouth.
Mine didn't like to be sassed either. I picked myself up off the floor only once, and after that she didn't hear my thoughts. I well remember sitting at the table until bedtime cause I wouldn't eat the cauliflower!!

YTQ
I know what you mean. That Mail Mine to Them was barely out of my mouth when the back of her hand connected. I was across the room with my back against the cabinets, my shoulders on the floor, one foot on the stove and one in the sink and I was still laughing. She asked what I thought was so funny and I told her that I knew she would backhand me but I just couldn't help myself. I had to do it anyway. I will say this, from that day on when Mom passed the salmon patties to me I still passed them on without taking one but she never said a word.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM

I am going to try a set up. If I see a fabric that suits a person and I know I will make them a quilt sometime (I'm 66 and hoping to make 13 more for children to snuggle under. I'm going to start an envelope of that material and who for. as I find a cotton that matches it, I hope to just drop it in the envelope until I have enough for the quilt.
when I'm trying to straigten 13 quilts out, I'll let you know how my theory worked. lol.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 PM

Ninnie..That's happened to me, too. Buying the perfect fabric just to find I already had it. I guess i'm meant to have it if I keep buying it. :)
Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by gmshirl15
You all crack me up about your fabric addition. Golly, we quilters are quite a bunch and I love it knowing I'm not alone. My home is also small,2 bedrms- mbedrm/bath, second br is sewing romm w/shelves in closet for fabric (loaded). Retired, collected fabric 3/4 yrs while we camper traveled. Quilt shops are so fun. Now I make quilts for gkids (hs grad for college). I enjoy making whatever fabric I have work. Havent bought any fabric since except maybe some muslin. Love being in my sewing room working because its the only place in the world I have complete control.
When you run out of shelf space try some of those hangers. They're advertised on tv all the time but I think you can get them at walmart too. Then when you run out of space on the rod, put one of those over the door hangers up and hang more fabric on it.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts

YTQ
For me, it was liver and onions. It was bad enough when it was still warm but sooooooooo much worse when it was cold!! My kids have never tasted it!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:41 AM

for me, it was green peas. Fortunately, my mom let us skip one food we didn't like on Christmas,Thanksgiving,and our birthday.(I was born on Christmas so that wasn't too fair). I learned to just swallow them whole, and to this day I won't eat cooked green peas and I never made my kids eat them either!