Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 AM

You are welcome-always ask I am more than happy to help :-)
Hugs
April
Old 04-01-2010, 06:25 AM

I want to join in. I think I am going to make a similar block for everyone is that OK? I am assuming that we can piece and or applique.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 AM

I am patiently (sort of) watching my email .... call it 'newbie excitement' I guess LOL
Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 AM

OK - I'm officially giving up my Boomerang 2.0 spot. I'm not happy with doing this because I'm going to be left out of all the fun. :hunf: I'll be watching the swap closely though. I can't wait to see the beautiful blocks from this one.

For all of you who are saying you are beginners-what are you waiting for? You need to jump in - its a perfect way to advance yourself. Pick a simple block and do your best at it! That's what it's all about. Your making friends and not trying to out do the others. I know you all going to have lots of fun. I did and I learned a lot!! :-D :thumbup: :thumbup: I'll be watching!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by craftymainemom
I want to join in. I think I am going to make a similar block for everyone is that OK? I am assuming that we can piece and or applique.
Hi Crafty
You can make whatever you feel comfortable making-however it is made or pieced is up to you. You can make the same or similar block for everyone or you can make different-again completely up to you! We would love to have you swap with us. Please PM me with your information and Iwill add you to the list :-)
Hugs
April
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by sandiannie
I am patiently (sort of) watching my email .... call it 'newbie excitement' I guess LOL
LOL I know how that feels...I always get excited.
Hugs
April
Old 04-01-2010, 07:23 AM

leaving work shortly to get rest of my fabric. hehehe
Old 04-01-2010, 07:55 AM

Sew Cornie, thank you!! for saying I can send you one of my smaller pieces. (Next time I'll make sure I have extra fabric in case I need it...)

Re colors, I did start out with a rather narrow idea of a color scheme... then I decided to let go and let you all play freely - I'll be excited to see what happens that way. Thanks for asking. :-D
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 AM

So we can do the same block for everyone? I'm curious, you all send out this material ... do we add to that material? Coordinate colors with it to create the block? I'm not sure I totally understand the rules, but I'm sure wanting to do this ... so I am going to read the rules again ... when is the last date to put in our names?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
So we can do the same block for everyone? I'm curious, you all send out this material ... do we add to that material? Coordinate colors with it to create the block? I'm not sure I totally understand the rules, but I'm sure wanting to do this ... so I am going to read the rules again ... when is the last date to put in our names?
Hi Robin,

Yes you add to the material you receive and coordinate the colors to match the fabric you receive.
and if you feel comfortable with one particular block you can make it for everyone-that is not a problem at all. If you want to make one block for 20 people and one for the other 15 again not a problem. This swap is meant to be fun and a learning experience and most of all a friendship builder! Jump in and get your feet wet-I do not think you will regret it :-)
Hugs
April