Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM

Your not alone I still have not received mine either. Not today maybe tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Sorry ladies. The package that I sent was delivered today according to the Post Office. Hope your wait will be over soon!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM

IM OFF THE BENCH, IM OFF THE BENCH!!! I got my secret pal package today from CloverPatch.
First off Cloverpatch I have to tell you I have been so hungry for BBQ ribs that today I was going to buy a bottle of barbeque sauce but now I don't have to. She sent me a HUGE bottle of BBQ sauce its made with whiskey...Tennessee Whiskey BarBeQue sauce. Oh I can't wait to break open that bottle. Never had whiskey bbq sauce though and I am sure it is going to be good. Thank you Megan. There also was 3 fabrics and 2 childrens fabrics for me to use in Quilts for kids which was very thoughtful. Then there was.....pardon me for a second don't pay attention to my drooling...I'm still thinking about how good that BBQ sauce is going to taste that its making my mouth water. LOL. She also included a nail file, a little tea candle with a really nice scent. a Strawberry shaped bubble bath. A Pattern, a note pad, AND a bag of sugar free strawberry red vines. My most favorite candy. Where did you find the sugar free? And she rememebered my husbands 2 little service mutts and sent them a bag of treats. Thank you so very much again CloverPatch you really made my day. :)

My package from CloverPatch. Thank you again.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214504[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214498.jpe  
Old 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM

Well, I am off the bench too! I came home from work and there was my package waiting for me....all the way across the Atlantic Ocean from England. Thanks, Cannyquilter (Eileen)! I got fat quarters in my favorite colors, pink, yellow and green, Yorkshire tea, chocolate bar, 2 packs of hot chocolate, pillow panels with gramma and her cat (who is watching just like my cat does), a mystery book which I will take on vacation with me, scissors, more candy, a tote bag in pink, patriotic USA buttons for my favorite 4th of July holiday, sticky notepad, 4 of her personal recipes to help me with my 17-day diet, and a very nice note from Eileen. I think it is great to receive a gift from another country because you get goodies that are different than what you would get in the USA.
Thanks so much! I love it all! (will eat the chocolate now!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214530.jpe  
Old 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM

I think I'll bring a fruit salad to the bench. I love watermelon!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Yeah! I am off the bench. Thanks so much Iva (hoffim) for teh fun package. A quilting magazine that I don't have, 5 beautiful fat quarters in cheery spring colors, Yummy hershey's chocolate miniatures (that my hubby instantly snagged as his very own....) an some adorable heart charms.
I will get pictures posted as soon as I get to my own computer and can download them.

thanks again Iva, I can't wait to come up with a project for the heart charms, and that adorable fabric.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:47 PM

HAHAHA too funny. I posted this and then went to town to check the mail and my package was there. Maybe that is the secret. Haul your own chair, table and sewing machine etc.
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by wanda lou
Hey secret pal... Didn't you like your package?
If your my secret pal...I haven't gotten it yet. I think I've worn a spot on the bench Ive been there so long. So today, I will just bring my own chair, picnic table, sewing machine and my peices to make my blocks for the Celebration Sampler from the Fabshophop OH and a 50 foot long extension cord with surger so that anyone else that wants to sit here and sew with me can plug in.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 PM

The bench will have one less sitter on it now. Thanks so much Deborah aka tedytrser. I rec'd an awesome firmie today. I am at my son's babysitting so will post a photo when I get home later on. I sent Lori a PM to let her know it has arrived. Thanks so much Deborah!! crafty_linda_b
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM

i received my firmie from quiltermomma. she sent a great first time package. she included a beautifully embroidered hand towel (teapot, cup & 2 cupcakes, tumbler block quilt starter set, machine & hand sewing needles, a pair of really quick stork scissors, 2 fat eighths and a dove chocolate.

i will try to include a pic later with my cell phone camera.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM

I received a wonderful package from my secret pal, Rhonda. Thank you so much. She sent me two quilting magazines, hot iron cleaner, Post-it notes, bias tapes, a hotpad that she made from one of her own patterns, directions for making Boston Blocks (her own instructions), templates for making the blocks, and some beautiful fabrics. She also sent me some yummy Reese's peanut butter cups, but they didn't make it into the picture. Most of them are already gone. : ) Thank you again, Rhonda, for being such a great SP.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-214627.jpe