Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Oh My Goodness!!!!!! I recieved a wonderful squishie today from Crafty Darlene!!!First thank You so much Darlene for the terriffic gifts. The mugrug is soooo very nice and cute as can be. It is done in mostly browns which I happen to love. And it has farm animals all over the fabric.So very cute. You did a wonderful job on it with fancy stitches and a pocket and all. She also sent a very nice note.Plus there were christmas fabrics and a couple that were everyday types that are really nice. Also hand sewing needles,sewing machine needles, a seam ripper,2 very nice patterns one for a quick quilt and one for a tote bag (which I have been on a kick of making lately.),a big ole sugarfree DARK chocolate candy bar.That made it here just great..It was barely soft thanks for thinking to use a plastic baggie just in case.Also a grocery list type notebook with a pen .Whew I think that was it.My daughter is coming over I think this weekend and I will see if she can post a photo for me. At least of the mugrug,it is so adorable. Thanks again Darlene!!!!!!! I love it all,you are a great secret pal. Mary
Mary you are so very welcome! I really enjoyed shopping for you. Hope you enjoy everything! Have a great day!
Darlene
Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 AM

Juli, that martini glass fabric is great. I did a strach for Timeless Treasures Martini fabric and got many stores as well as eBay and Amazon. Just in case somebody is interested, lol, I am bad influence.

Wanda Lou, awesome package.

Robyn, hope you are feeling better. Not o butt in your business, but I was wondering if you do any yoga. The reason I ask is ( although I have never had migraines as bad as you describe), I haven't had any since I started practicing yoga regularly, especially inversions. It helped my headaches and sensitivity to light tremendously.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 AM

[quote=3NorwichTerr].........
please be aware that the note I wrote to you is taped to the outside of your box...someone got in too big a hurry to tape up your package. Got all the tape on, lifted the box up and there it was...an envelope that should have been in the box. ]

That's what happened to me too, I sealed up the package and then saw the envelope with my note on the table so I too taped it to the outside. Hope my SP realizes it is more than the address.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:32 AM

The Martini glasses are awesome
Originally Posted by fayzer
Juli......Love the martini glass fabric.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:44 AM

I feel like I'm way behind on reading.
Love the packages and appreciate the sites to look at more "fabric."
Hope the headache leaves real soon!
What kind of coffee is on the bench?
Hope Terryl joins us next month too!
Candi--what am I shopping for that you like? I need some tan or light brown for a fall quilt--vague and easy, I trust your judgement!
And I might need to make a mug rug, as I am in the "I never made one club." They're all cute--decisions, decisions!?!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by dyer804
Originally Posted by dyer804
Originally Posted by Kellie G
Just got back from the post office where I shipped a firmie to a state on the border....is it the northern, southern, eastern or western border....not saying!!!! However, her zip code adds up to 27!!!! Her city is the county seat....oh and George Luca was born there....love George Lucas films!!!! Should be there by early next week.....
Me, me, me! That is, if it isn't someone else in Modesto. I can start stalking the postman!
It came! It's wonderful! Pictures later!
Here is the picture of the wonderful package KellieG sent. As you can see, she really spoiled me. Today is my birthday so getting this yesterday was really fun. I hope you can see the colors of the lovely fabrics she send; they are beautiful. A book I haven't read and a magnetic bookmark with sewing items on it were included. A notepad for on the frig will be handy for those grocery lists. Then my collectables: a snowman tin, a sparkly pumpkin, and a very cute crocheted angel bell ornament that she made for me - so cute. KellieG also included a very nice note letting me get to know her a bit better.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241011.jpe  
Old 08-13-2011, 07:34 AM

Hello all! Have been awol for a couple of days. Taking care of by best friend who has 3 compression fractures in her back. No bench sitting yet, the mail date is not even here yet! We can sit and vist and do our hand sewing around a big table and gossip about the cute mailmen. Good tips on the cost of different packages, I am going to have to go online for the informtion. USPS.com? Is that right? Wonderful packages being received!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:35 AM

hmmm...... that sounds like me. i'll be sure to check my p.o. box on monday. let's see missouri and the missouri river.. is that the correct answer vicki?

Originally Posted by Vicki W
My package is on it's way to a state that starts with"M" and has a body of water named after it. It should arrive by Monday.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by sik1010
Candi--what am I shopping for that you like? I need some tan or light brown for a fall quilt--vague and easy, I trust your judgement!
And I might need to make a mug rug, as I am in the "I never made one club." They're all cute--decisions, decisions!?!
We are having Puerto Rican coffee on the bench! Yummy.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Originally Posted by sik1010
We are having Puerto Rican coffee on the bench! Yummy.
Wonderful, I will sit and sew and drink coffee. Did some work in Puerto Rico a few years back and always enjoyed the coffee, brought it home every time I could. Thanks!