• 2020 June through November Round Robin >
  • 2020 June through November Round Robin

• 2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 10-23-2020, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Finally, pics of Reba's quilt uploaded!
    Wow! So pretty, thank you so much!! Reba
    Old 10-23-2020, 09:27 AM

Ladies, I'm just sitting back here, lurking quietly and drooling all over your quilt tops! The creativity is stunning. I could never do what you ladies have done. Hat's off from me. Jobs well done!
    Old 10-23-2020, 10:04 AM
    Power Poster

Thank you, Libster... you could do it!
    Old 10-23-2020, 11:46 AM

I always feel like I'm bringing down the average.
    Old 10-23-2020, 02:37 PM

Mona, I think your rounds have been great and can't wait to see mine in real life!! Thank you for making it more rectangle. It will probably be getting a flannel or minky backing and keep me cozy all winter.
    Old 10-23-2020, 03:00 PM

Default A shout out to...

Givio and Sewbizgirl....I downloaded Sewbizgirl's photo of my top and did some color editing on the photo to "clarify" and "sharpen" (the names of the tools) the pixels, then re-loaded it as my avatar. From this angle you can see the brilliance in color choices. Givio, the center portions of your blocks being darker add such dimension from a distance and the black border holds it all in. Thanks again ladies. I'm thrilled ;-) Hugs!
    Old 10-23-2020, 04:22 PM

Carriem, I have changed my mind 3 times today... each time after I cut material! Hate when I do that. My first plan was to create "ribbons" that intertwined. It looked odd and I now have some colorful binding strips! Second idea was to do some delectable mountains. That got nixed because I just could not make myself cut into the Ombre material. Thus the third idea of prairie points so the Ombre material with gold flakes stays in tack and there is still a pop of color in the round. I hope you like it. I will get a better picture tomorrow when there is more light for the whole quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails border.jpg  
    Old 10-23-2020, 04:38 PM

Mona - I have checked everyone's work as they came through here - and yours and everyones creativity was over the top. Sometimes simple is what is needed, sometimes not. And each row has been a perfect melding together. I would recommend you any day!
    Bug - You are bringing out all those original colors on Macybaby's round. i had such a difficult time finding that color - so that looks perfect
    Old 10-23-2020, 07:06 PM

Reba, Glad you like it. I'll say, each time I've had a top at home, I've been so pleased to see that in person it's so much nicer than the pictures.

Mona! For pete's sake, don't say such things! I can remember gushing about that round you did on TG's center. I thought it was creative and looked sooo good. I remember saying to you, when you asked about suggestions for what to do with the corners, to do nothing with them as nothing more was needed with that great design. And now, with the additional rounds along with Macybaby's clever reflection of what you did with strips and curves, that top is simply outstanding! It wouldn't be that way without what you did. :-)

Last edited by givio; 10-23-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Old 10-23-2020, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by givio
    Mona! For pete's sake, don't say such things! I can remember gushing about that round you did on TG's center. I thought it was creative and looked sooo good. I remember saying to you, when you asked about suggestions for what to do with the corners, to do nothing with them as nothing more was needed with that great design. And now, with the additional rounds along with Macybaby's clever reflection of what you did with strips and curves, that top is simply outstanding! It wouldn't be that way without what you did. :-)
    Thank you. I so agree. We are our worst critic. The fun part of a round Robin is we each see it differediffernd add on differently. I recall feeling inadequate bit realized my view was different than theirs. We do our best , that's all that counts. Just the boomerangs.