Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 06-03-2020, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

Default 2020 June through November Round Robin

This is the dedicated thread for our June 2020 thru November 2020 Round Robin. It will be a place for members to communicate and also show their progress pics.

This Round Robin will begin with a center medallion of approx. 18”. Each person will make their center and send it on to the next participant, who will add on a border, in the style and/or theme of the center block (or completely different but complimentary.)

Each person in turn adds another border that compliments the quilt. Once the quilt has made the rounds to all participants it is mailed back to the original owner.

Each border should be not more than 6" wide. We are experienced quilters. If you slap on a plain border because the piece needs a plain border, add something like applique. Don't be lazy on someone else's piece.

This Round Robin has 6 slots for participants. Five are already filled. Mail date for the centers is June 22. After that, we will mail monthly to the next participant on the list, until all borders are on. Once completed the quilts will be mailed back to their originators.

All board rules for swaps apply to this swap as well.

sewbizgirl and Rebaquilts

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 06-03-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:49 PM

Hello all, participants already know I have signed up for this, my first actual round robin although I've participated in other forms of block swaps before. Although I have sent some fabric out to people on the boards, this will be my first swapping with board members. I did a lot of swapping things around Y2K and then met my husband, and while I continued quilting in real life, I just returned to internet quilting a couple of years ago.

I was the number 1 wait listed participant for a really fun group in my local guild that I watched for about 8 years but ultimately everyone retired before anyone quit. Darn. Another guild show I went to each year (sigh... Covington Quilters also cancelled this year due to Covid) always had a good "bed turning" at the show with a round robin group that had a lot great tops.

I'm really excited because I will end up with a top that I would never otherwise make and I'll be pushed a bit to explore styles and fabrics that maybe I don't use very often.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:04 PM

I'm glad to have a thread in which to share our Round Robin progress with Quilting Board members. :-) Thank you to our new Board member, Rebaquilts, for requesting interest in a RR! I'm happy to join and am looking forward to seeing what we all come up with round by round. Lets each make a goal to check in often and post pictures. :-)
Old 06-03-2020, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Yes! Each participant needs to check this thread as often as they are able. Daily would be ideal....

We are still looking for another person to participate with us. If anyone is interested, please pm me. So far this group consists of:

Rebaquilts
Iceblossom
givio
sewbizgirl
(Reba's friend)
Old 06-03-2020, 05:40 PM

Default Round Robin

I would love to join your Round Robin if you still have an available spot.
Thanks,
Lee Ann
Old 06-03-2020, 05:50 PM

I do not feel I can participate, but this sounds fun and I will be following everyone's progress! perhaps I can join another time. have fun!
Old 06-04-2020, 04:54 AM

This does sound like fun....hope lots of pictures are posted....love those pictures!
Old 06-04-2020, 04:55 AM

This really sounds interesting. I will follow the thread and watch the progress as it goes along. Have fun everyone!

Old 06-04-2020, 01:46 PM

I am excited to be in this Round Robin. I did the international Round Robin years ago with this board and had so much fun. Let's stay in touch.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:24 PM

I love round robins. If there is an opening, I would love to be part of it.